Anyone been at Al Udeid lately?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

stlpilot

Was just checking to see if anyone has been at the Deid in the past 30-60 days? I am going for 120 days in Sept and trying to get an update on what to expect when it comes to internet options. It seems like the info I get changes on a monthly basis with conflicting info on the internet options. My main goal is to be able to talk with the wife and kids back home via webcam so Im wondering if its even possible with the current setup they have on base.

Thanks

Last edited:
FWIW...

We have trips into OTBH all the time. Internet there is pretty spotty, even for the base ops guys.

Good Luck.

the wireless internet at the "bra" is very slow during peak times....like from 3pm-3am...if you use the internet at the crack of dawn, the speed is pretty good....seems like you gotta wait for the online gaming nerds to go to bed to get any decent bandwidth..

I was just there. BMX is correct about the wireless at the bra. It does work pretty decent during the day while most are at work. I've had good luck with Skype on it (voice no video). My room at the Coalition Camp had a computer in it with internet. Not sure if all rooms have computers, but all the rooms in the building I was in had them. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back