Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone at Flex commuting to the N.Y. area crew base?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jbrickli

Can anyone tell me if a four hour commute to the N.Y. area is doable at Flex with a crash pad? I know there is 1.5 hour call out. So I was wondering if any Flex people are using a crash pad in the N.Y. area, and what kind of cost can be expected.

Thanks for the help

I know some guys that drive in the night before and stay at the holiday in by the TEB airport, which is where most of the trips start/end from. $75 a night.

It is doable but you're gonna hate it after a while.

I know some guys that drive in the night before and stay at the holiday in by the TEB airport, which is where most of the trips start/end from. $75 a night.

It is doable but you're gonna hate it after a while.
Let me ask you this. If you are in the middle of your rotation and end up at your crew base for an overnight, are you expected to stay at “home” or is a hotel still provided? And how often does a situation like that happen?

You are always given a hotel no matter where you are based, so that works out good for commuters. You can also always ask for a rental car instead of a hotel if you like. In your case, 4 hours is a bit far away.

I bet I'm in TEB maybe 3-4 nights a month.

I did the drive from northern Virginia for about 7 months. It sucked, but I at least had a free place to stay (so to speak, it was with the in laws) and I always drove up the night before. The drive will kill you after about 3 months. If you can find a way to move closer I would advise it. Allentown PA is an hour and a half drive without traffic and much cheaper than anything in NJ/NY.

Thanks guys. That is some helpful information.

Try Netjets. They will soon have 100 domiciles and they fly the G200 (your experience may help - you never know). The money will be better initially under the new TA when it passes. Check this out if you haven't seen it already (it does not include the new TA wages but it has contact info):

http://airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/fractional/netjets.html

The lack of many domiciles at Flexjet is a real downer because it has a great fleet - that Challenger 300 is a nice airplane....

Can anyone tell me if a four hour commute to the N.Y. area is doable at Flex with a crash pad? I know there is 1.5 hour call out. So I was wondering if any Flex people are using a crash pad in the N.Y. area, and what kind of cost can be expected.

Thanks for the help

Newark has crash pads for $200 or so a month PM me.... and I can ask my friend that flies for XJT. He is EWR base.
I live 15 minutes from TEB and my area also there are a lot of places that u can find rooms for rent as well

good luck

Latest resources

Back