Anybody used VA for Flight Training?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flight Training....

When I started using my VA bennies, I already had my PP-ASEL, which is a requirement before getting any green from them. I did my PP-AMEL, IA, C-AMEL, and SE add on, and CFI through VA. It was nice getting the $$ back, but the rules are BS. There is no reason for the 60% rule other than the gubbamint knows you'll burn through the money flying and doesn't wanna pay that much out.

If you have any specific questions, post em. If I don't know the answer, our school's VA rep is totally squared away.

Chunk

can I go and get a multi/ multi instrument/ multi cfi and get 60% paid for the one lump sum I pay. Or will they pay 60% max up to your monthly GI bill limit? Meaning is there a max they will pay each month (like for college) or can you go and blow it all in a couple months since flight training is expensive and they will just pay 60%.

no monthly limit, you'll find there is a limit to the number of hours per program the va approves, so you might not get 60% of the whole course back, this happened to me at flightsafety academy, the va only approved x number of multiengine hours and flightsafety academy's course had more multi time than they approved so I got stuck, no 60% back for a lot of seminole time.

Latest resources

Back