• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ljg

ljg
Hi everybody...

I was curious if anybody currently lives on the "Treasure Coast" of Florida - that would be St. Lucie/Martin Counties, etc. I have a serious girlfriend who is strongly considering accepting an elementary school teaching position in Port St. Lucie. I'd eventually like to be close to her, but I don't know very much about this area, and frankly, neither does she.

What kind of town is this place? Pros/Cons? The closest airports seem to be PBI/MLB/MCO, so is commuting easily accomplished? Any information you guys can share is greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Hi everybody...

I was curious if anybody currently lives on the "Treasure Coast" of Florida - that would be St. Lucie/Martin Counties, etc. I have a serious girlfriend who is strongly considering accepting an elementary school teaching position in Port St. Lucie. I'd eventually like to be close to her, but I don't know very much about this area, and frankly, neither does she.

What kind of town is this place? Pros/Cons? The closest airports seem to be PBI/MLB/MCO, so is commuting easily accomplished? Any information you guys can share is greatly appreciated. Thank You.

port st.lucie is a great town. PBI is about an hour drive. mco is around 2 hours and melbourne little over an hour. i know someone that commutes to ANC from port st lucie.

Don't know anything about the place, but I wacked a raccoon there last night with a rental car, and will soon be footing the bill...:(

MLB loads are always light. DAL is the only service, and it only goes to ATL and DC. PBI has light loads most of the time too.

Can't wait to move back! I am originally from MLB and grew up in the South Brevard area. My new job will bring me back, just waiting for that class date.............

:)

Last edited:
Hi everybody...

I used to live in Jupiter (and will be again in about a month). That's about 40 mins south of PSL. Anyway, for Florida that area is pretty nice... Not as busy as down south, and nice beaches. Real hot in the summer, so hopefully you like to dive, water ski, or swim. Find a friend with a boat - that's important! Pretty expensive place to live anymore unfortunately... The housing market has been hit fairly hard there lately, but it's still pretty expensive to pick up a halfway decent house. PSL is probably better than Jupiter though (it definitely used to be).

I used to live in Jupiter (and will be again in about a month). That's about 40 mins south of PSL. Anyway, for Florida that area is pretty nice... Not as busy as down south, and nice beaches. Real hot in the summer, so hopefully you like to dive, water ski, or swim. Find a friend with a boat - that's important! Pretty expensive place to live anymore unfortunately... The housing market has been hit fairly hard there lately, but it's still pretty expensive to pick up a halfway decent house. PSL is probably better than Jupiter though (it definitely used to be).

Don't forget Sebastian - some of the nicest boating I've ever done. Dolphins, fishing, etc and if you surf (not me) Sebastian's got the waves. If you don't own a boat rent one for a day, and cruise the canals, you'll be hooked.

Latest resources

Back