anybody know anything about airnet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ajamato86

Just as the title states, im intrested in flying for airnet when i graduate in december. I'll be instructing throughout the summer and until the begining of december, and was wondering what their minimums were, as well as availability of buffalo or columbus base. Also lear upgrade times?

from what ive read its SIC to build up to 135 mins, then PIC after that?

They have no hiring minimums. I've heard a little about unofficial hiring minimums in the 1000TT range, but who knows.

No idea on the Lear upgrade times. They publish it's 18 months on the baron to get the Lear FO and then a year to Lear PIC. Somehow it sounds too good to be true but who knows. Plus with the downturn, I think the wait time is going to go up with less people going to jet jobs elsewhere

At my the last interview there (~a year ago), you get typed at the 2nd Proficiency Check in the lear, so you will have the type but no time at the one year mark after being a Lear FO.

Finally, remember your one year contract starts from the time you get a Baron PIC spot, not from when you are hired. So if you come in with 600 hours, expect to be there 6 months until you get the 1200TT for IFR 135 mins, then another year to finish the contract.

cool, thanks for the info. I hear alot of talk about the barons, what about navajos and caravans over there?
You can't/won't SIC in a Navajo or Caravan. They are PIC only spots, but biddable once you have the 135 IFR PIC time.

www.starcheck55.com is a good forum for airnet guys.

Actually, some people have SIC'd in Navajos lately, but that's only special case.

The upgrade times from Baron to Lear SIC have been as low as 8 months, but typically 12-14 months recently. Its getting tougher now though, but 18 months is still doable.

Basically, they'll always have an opening in Columbus - if no permanent run available, you can be a reserve/floater out of LCK.

Latest resources

Back