• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anybody hiring Captains?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, she's just trying to get the 1000 to 1500 turbine PIC most of the majors require. Basically, just trying to get competitive asap.
Thanks,
bs

Wants to be a street captain on turbine equipment but doesn't have the turbine PIC time? That's golden.

Wants to be a street captain on turbine equipment but doesn't have the turbine PIC time? That's golden.

There are other ways she could achieve this. Back in the day, the gals would perform some service for advancement, my how times have changed. Now they want the advancement but don't want to provide the benefits. :rolleyes:

There are other ways she could achieve this. Back in the day, the gals would perform some service for advancement, my how times have changed. Now they want the advancement but don't want to provide the benefits. :rolleyes:

Really??? Like what? Washing the car, walking the family dog? Doing taxes? What?

My guess is she's probably looking to maintain a similar lifestyle in pay. Maybe not necessarily by getting a street captain position, but a quick upgrade. Leaving a stable great paying job for a regional is tough to swallow so I imagine she's looking for a place to ease the pain as much as possible?

After working in the "real world" for 5 years I have the itch to go back as well but the thought of sitting in the right seat again for several years trying to clamor back up to get competitive again and hoping to avoid another furlough just makes it that much harder to do.

If she is just looking for a quick upgrade into a jet then Xtra Airways would work. They might be hiring in a little while. Everyone is leaving because of poor pay, no work rules, and generally feeling unappreciated. Since about half the pilots will be gone sometime this summer there is good possibility of a quick upgrade. Pretty much a good ole boys club but there has been a woman there before. PM me if you want more info.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back