Anybody get their ALPA voting packet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Skywest Pylot

I'm on a trip so I've got the wife checking the mail box today. Let me know when any of you guys get it.

I'm on a trip so I've got the wife checking the mail box today. Let me know when any of you guys get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySacto
I've had three years to look around. Talked with guys who've kicked the tires five, ten, fifteen years and more. Going to check my mailbox. Be back in 5 minutes.

I got two letters!!! One is from SkyWest and C.C. and the other is from the National Mediation Board.

Reading CC's letter dated 10/5/07: We are committed to working with you to maintain SkyWest's position as premier employer and a premier airline. When it comes to pilot compensation, we work with our pilots to remain competitive in the market, and will continue to do so. Our personal relationship is relatively new, and I look forward to the continued ability to work individually and collectively with you.

Thank you sir. As you might have gathered many of the pilots at SkyWest have come to see and experience where things have gone broken over the years. I look forward to having representation to finally get a contract that will replace the at times nebulous policies we live under today. I also look forward to having someone other than some of the star performers of SAPA work collectively with you in regards to my career and compensation as they have not done what I feel is the best job. I look to managment to maintain a good relationship with us to both keep SkyWest a premier airline and at the same time recognize that we as your pilots have done as you have, enlisted the best people we can to make our airline the premier employer.

Gotta' phone call to make!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySacto
I've had three years to look around. Talked with guys who've kicked the tires five, ten, fifteen years and more. Going to check my mailbox. Be back in 5 minutes.

I got two letters!!! One is from SkyWest and C.C. and the other is from the National Mediation Board.

Reading CC's letter dated 10/5/07: We are committed to working with you to maintain SkyWest's position as premier employer and a premier airline. When it comes to pilot compensation, we work with our pilots to remain competitive in the market, and will continue to do so. Our personal relationship is relatively new, and I look forward to the continued ability to work individually and collectively with you.

Thank you sir. As you might have gathered many of the pilots at SkyWest have come to see and experience where things have gone broken over the years. I look forward to having representation to finally get a contract that will replace the at times nebulous policies we live under today. I also look forward to having someone other than some of the star performers of SAPA work collectively with you in regards to my career and compensation as they have not done what I feel is the best job. I look to managment to maintain a good relationship with us to both keep SkyWest a premier airline and at the same time recognize that we as your pilots have done as you have, enlisted the best people we can to make our airline the premier employer.

Gotta' phone call to make!

That was very good. A true professional!

Hey,
Got mine, walked into the house, sat down read the letter, dialed the phone, ID'd myself, pressed number 1. Hung up the phone, elapsed time less than 5 minutes, wasn't even too scary!
PBR

You know that feeling you get when you buy a used car and 10 miles down the road it dies on you. That is the same felling I got at Eagle every time alpa tried to get us something... I don't want to do that again!!!
As for my vote, I'm not going to jump right out and make the phone call.. I think I will wait and see.

Got mine. Wasn't out of the envelope for more than 5 seconds before a phone call was made. I wonder how many more times I'll have to go through this process before this pilot group finally gets a clue.

Great job, guys. Can't wait to have you on board. I honestly feel like we can do great things as a unified group.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back