Any UPS Rumors?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Total Rumors

Have a couple of buds been working for UPS a bit over a year. What I hear is as many as 300 and as few as none. Basicly no one is talking at all. I have heard there is a pool of as many as 80 and yet again I have heard no pool. From what I can gleen, nothing is going to happen at all until some time after the 1st of the year. Most of my knowledge is second and third hand, and its comming from line pilots not management types. They are pretty tight lipped, although I did hear at least 2 upgrade bids are scheduled for this year so that should open up some 3rd seats for us wannabees!

There is a UPS pool...I'm in it. The employment folks told me in early Dec they had about 60 in the pool and no date had been set for the next training class. However, they expected to resume after the first of the year. The pilot force say work hasn't slowed since 9-11, and are often called in to fly extra days.

I have to update some paperwork in Jan, and will get another read then. If anyone in the pool gets a training date, I'd love to hear from you.

Hey Poolie,
Some questions for you......... 1) did you know anyone at the company? did it get you an interview? 2) once called in for an interview, what are the chances for a job offer? where do you get the gouge? 3) when did you apply vs. invitation for an interview?

Thanks!.

I am in the pool and recently updated my info. When I asked for any news they told me that they recently started interviewing again, but only a few highly qualified pilots. As far as new hire classes they said that they are hoping but haven't been told anything [from upper management] yet. Keep your hopes up poolies, we will get the call soon!

Latest resources

Back