Any UPS out there?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bestdad

Any poolies been called in for a physical since your interview or heard any good news yet. I'm in the pool and keep hoping to hear something positive. UPS is still my top choice and I can't wait to start.

I wish I had better news for you. I have been told by a good source that we will hire this year, but only about 20. Maybe you will be one of the 20 new hires. Good luck and if you want UPS bad enough you will get it.

poolie

I am also in the pool. since about last Sep. I have heard nothing from them, nor has a friend in the company. I talked to HR around Thanksgiving and she told me there were no more interviews scheduled for '01 and 81 in the pool. If anyone hears--get the word out to us!

I flew the other night with a training guy and he told me that he had been informed that they maybe would do a class in March
but he wasn't for sure. I also have heard that the numbers will be small.

Keep trying, it took me 7 yrs . of pestering them to get hired.

Good luck

Hello nightrider.....

Hi guy's.......here is my comments on UPS. In 12 years since they started up their own flight operations and did away with contractors.....I have NEVER been interviewed, had a resume reply sent to me, or any info or appliciation paperwork what soever sent to me. Internal coworkers and friends have offered, all to no avail.

For the record...... I have a 4-year degree from Embry-Riddle, Flight Dispatchers rating, 14,000 hours total time, 10,000 hrs. in FAR 121 operations, DC-8 and turbo-convair types, 8200 hrs in 4 engine heavy jet, 6000 hours in heavy turboprop, no accidents, no incidents and no FAR violations. EFIS glass cockpit and FMS/GPS flight management experience. Recently expired Top Secret Security clearance.

Extensive international experience; 92 countries, North Atlantic/N. Pacific qualified, State Dept., Secret Servive and FBI Presidential charters and many DoD MAC trips all over the world.

I do not drink, smoke, and for the most part, keep to myself.

I do have common sense frustration, and I am not asking for sympathy, but I would like to know where did I go wrong!!!!!!
WHAT DID DO!!!!!

Best wishes to everyone in this New Year.

9drvr

Hello Profile......

Yes, I have applied to FedEx on many occasion. Same song, Same verse as UPS.

I am one of the former DC-3 contractors pilots that was used for FedEx operations when FedEx had only Falcons flying out of Little Rock!!!!

I was on the ramp in Memphis when deregulation was signed by President Carter, and also several weeks later when the first Fex B-727 was flown into Memphis.

I have placed many, many resume updates and also the old outdated ScanTron electronic application used many years ago.

Like UPS, I have never had any type of reply from Memphis. Ever.

Once again, no sympathy, just frustration.

What did I do wrong and when did I do it???????

To you, best regards in this New Year.

9drvr

Without more info, my best guess to how you "went wrong" can be summed up with two words: "insufficient networking". Bottom line, you need pilot referrals, and several is better than just one, and they need to be very good referrals to boot!

Network, network, network!

I do have common sense frustration, and I am not asking for sympathy, but I would like to know where did I go wrong!!!!!!

You ended a question with an exclamation point instead of a question mark.
Automatic Disqualification from UPS.

You ended a question with an exclamation point instead of a question mark.
Automatic Disqualification from UPS.

You know, it was sorta' amusing the first few times you resurrected a dead-and-buried, 10-15 year-old thread with a post designed to make it look current or relevant.

But it got old in a hurry, after the next 30 or so times you did it. Seriously, you don't have anything to add to anything that's actually current? Why don't you tell us all about your state-of-the-art airplane (holy crap, is that a B-52H?!*), or tell us how much you admire General Lee. Or perhaps how you find the whole US Air "east vs west vs third list vs American" food fight amusing. Or something.

Just a thought.

Bubba

* You'll notice that I used both a question mark and an exclamation point to indicate a question of exclamation.

Latest resources

Back