• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any updates at XO Jet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I knew about it, but was also reading on this post that they were hiring again. I was being genuine in my interest in the company. I'd just like to get some info on what the future is like over there. I'm looking for work like many other pilots out there right now.

I knew about it, but was also reading on this post that they were hiring again. I was being genuine in my interest in the company. I'd just like to get some info on what the future is like over there. I'm looking for work like many other pilots out there right now.

Totally understandable. But would you like to work for a company that hired you before recalling those on the street that already worked for them? In this industry, that's called a scab. While I'm not really into all the sensitivity crap going on in this country right now, it does appear very insensitive to be looking for employment from a company that has folks on the street right now. Especially if you are looking to imrove your current situation while employed, and the furloughed folks are struggling.

Totally understandable. But would you like to work for a company that hired you before recalling those on the street that already worked for them? In this industry, that's called a scab. While I'm not really into all the sensitivity crap going on in this country right now, it does appear very insensitive to be looking for employment from a company that has folks on the street right now. Especially if you are looking to imrove your current situation while employed, and the furloughed folks are struggling.
In your estimation, does xojet currently employ scabs because they terminated people with no regard for date of hire?

Totally understandable. But would you like to work for a company that hired you before recalling those on the street that already worked for them? In this industry, that's called a scab. While I'm not really into all the sensitivity crap going on in this country right now, it does appear very insensitive to be looking for employment from a company that has folks on the street right now. Especially if you are looking to improve your current situation while employed, and the furloughed folks are struggling.

That's not a SCAB at an un-unionized company. A SCAB is someone who crosses a picket line at a unionized company... Neither of which is happened at XOJET.

It sounds like he is looking for work like all the other unemployed.

pervis obviously hasnt worked for a unionized carrier, or is just not too well informed as to what the meaning and definition of a scab is. be careful how you use this term unless you know how to properly apply it. until then everyone should just ignore your posting.

In your estimation, does xojet currently employ scabs because they terminated people with no regard for date of hire?

Assuming they were already employed, not at all. It's not their decision to make how furloughs are doled out. Furloughing out of reverse seniority is a management and work rules issue. Without a written agreement, at will employee rules apply, at the mercy of management.

I know what it's like to be furloughed, and I just don't think it's right to try and fill a seat while those formerly employed at a company, who were released due to economic conditions and no fault of their own, are still waiting for recall. Maybe my use of the term scab was a bit harsh, but ask those who remain on the street what they'd call new replacements, union or not, picket line or not.

Assuming they were already employed, not at all. It's not their decision to make how furloughs are doled out. Furloughing out of reverse seniority is a management and work rules issue. Without a written agreement, at will employee rules apply, at the mercy of management.

I know what it's like to be furloughed, and I just don't think it's right to try and fill a seat while those formerly employed at a company, who were released due to economic conditions and no fault of their own, are still waiting for recall. Maybe my use of the term scab was a bit harsh, but ask those who remain on the street what they'd call new replacements, union or not, picket line or not.

Thats not actually a true statement... I think you should only post on things that you KNOW are facts! I'll just leave it at that.

That's not a SCAB at an un-unionized company. A SCAB is someone who crosses a picket line at a unionized company... Neither of which is happened at XOJET.

It sounds like he is looking for work like all the other unemployed.

The word you are looking for isn't SCAB, its SERF (or SLAVE). A SERF works the land (sky in this case) for the wealthly land owner (management). The SERF isn't allowed to own the property on which he lives (XOJet employees have no guaranteed rights to jobs or longevity). The landowner (management) subjects the SERF to a minimal existence (starvation due to loss of employment if you don't do as I demand) which leads to desperation which ultimately leads to slavery (conditional employment). But the landowner (management) controls the SERF (slave...ie pilot) completely and can kick the SERF (pilot...ie slave) from the landowners land (fired) at anytime for any reason (performance issue) without cause (right to work).

You are NOT a SCAB....you are a SERF.

Latest resources

Back