Any transceiver recommendations?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JHP-500 ... hands down.

I read a technical, hands-on review somewhere comparing the JHP-500/520 with the usual suspects, and the 500 came out on top in every area, if I remember correctly.

This was three years ago, though, and much can change in that time.

Minher

sandslob said:
I want to buy a decent transceiver. Any recommendations?
If you plan on using the handheld transceiver as a flight bag backup, I would definately recommend an alkaline battery pack as opposed to the normal nicad batteries. Nicads will discharge over time and you may not have battery power when you need it. The shelf life of alkaline batteries is measured in years.

'Sled

Lead Sled said:
If you plan on using the handheld transceiver as a flight bag backup, I would definately recommend an alkaline battery pack as opposed to the normal nicad batteries. Nicads will discharge over time and you may not have battery power when you need it. The shelf life of alkaline batteries is measured in years.

'Sled

Lead is correct as usual, the A23 comes with rechargable pack and one with alkalines so you have 2 battery packs.

Thanks for all the suggestions

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone I think I'm going to go with the ICOM A23... especially as the price has dropped since the release of the A24.

Again... thanks for the help.

Sandslob
www.lifeisabeach.us

Why buy the old model A23 if you can get the new model A6 alkaline powered for $260. which is the same as the A24 minus the VOR nav, you'll save a hundred bucks and you can spend that 100 bucks on a REAL nav aid, a 100 dollar campers model handheld GPS that you can program yourself and it's just as good as a 500 dollar aviation unit.

Latest resources

Back