Any thoughts on ATP???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BLing

Im planning on doing the CFI program at ATP in ATL in July. Ive heard a lot of great things about this program and I'm about ready to give them my deposit. Does anybody have any experiences with ATP that might make me want to change my mind? Im about to sink a good chunck of change into this whole deal and want to get my moneys worth and possibly a CFI job with them like they advertise. After a lot of research, this looks like the best option. The few people that I know who have gone there have nothing but good things to say. Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

What ever you think is best, just dont put all you eggs in one basket. ie don't count on that job deal, they can't hire everyone. Where ever you go study a bunch on your own. The student determines the outcome of the training.

Be ready to drink from a firehose - they jam information at you and you'd better be studying all the time. But it's a great deal if you can hack it.

Don't count on the job, as pointed out, they can't hire everyone, and those who gave the most money get the first look, so if you're just doing the CFI program and not the full professional pilot program you're near the bottom of the list.

Don't Fret-----I completed the CFI program in ATL last year, it was a blast, they send you your study supplement and a bunch of other textbooksb(new FAR/AIM, PTS's, Instrument Flying Handbook etc.) in the mail to more or less have you prepared before you arrive........The instructors were ok, my MEI examiner was a hard a#%!!! But all my other check rides went smooth. For the MEI they sent me to TPF, the other two they sent me to Alabama to see this examiner who was a former NASA guy (he had serious knowledge)....Make sure you can throughly perform Drag Demo's, and be solid on you're engine failure procedures in the Seminole.....They want you to fly the planes their way (as written in the supplement you receive). Overall the program was a great help to get me finished in minimal time as opposed to the other overpriced 141 school in the Atlanta area I started at ............Good luck and PM me if you have anymore questions.

I am actually planning on attending their CFI program as well after I finish my commercial. Would it benefit me more get my multi rating there or just get it done before I go up for the program? Like Dueguard1 they want you to fly the planes their way.

Thanks

Ryan

Medicryan said:
I am actually planning on attending their CFI program as well after I finish my commercial. Would it benefit me more get my multi rating there or just get it done before I go up for the program? Like Dueguard1 they want you to fly the planes their way.

Thanks

Ryan

Actually, you're better off doing the whole Career Pilot Program then. If you already have the IR, then you just more multi XC time. That's what happened to me when I went through their program, but that was 3 years ago. I enjoyed my time at ATP and I was able to get a good CFI job which allowed me to get even more ME time b/c I came out of ATP with so much already.

Latest resources

Back