Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any rumors for an American Eagle New Hire?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey guys, just got the call today and it was great news. I can't wait to start training. I've got a ton of questions but was so excited I forgot to ask. I didn't get any info on training yet but does anyone know when the next classes are supposed to be. How about aircraft? I heard they were hiring mostly for the ATR and ERJ out of dallas. Travel benefits for family? Any advice for a newhire? Thanks in advance.

AirlinePilot777 said:
Hey guys, just got the call today and it was great news. I can't wait to start training. I've got a ton of questions but was so excited I forgot to ask. I didn't get any info on training yet but does anyone know when the next classes are supposed to be. How about aircraft? I heard they were hiring mostly for the ATR and ERJ out of dallas. Travel benefits for family? Any advice for a newhire? Thanks in advance.

dude go back to FlightSim 2004

all of your questions are known cold by any real new-hires with the exception of aircraft assignment

later

How many people did they tell you that we are hiring this year? Chances are better that you'll get the jet. All of the openings in Dallas ERJ have been filled my turboprop fo's. I heard most classes right now are to replace the turboprop fo's that are transferring.

Good Luck

Before all the Eagle whiners come on the board....and I am Eagle....just beware.

Eagle isn't really that bad of a place to work. The QOL is about the same as any other decent regional but here's the thing. We have almost 400 AA flowbacks that will probably be on the property for a long time....our contract was written VERY poorly so if AA continues to furlough in the future, Eagle will get more flowbacks (=no career progression to that valuable PIC time)

Hiring is a trickle right now because we have roughly 20-30 pilots (both FOs and CAs) quitting each month for greener pastures. All new hires have 1 year seat locks. Since hiring began last spring, you have many pilots who were stuck on the ATRs and SAABs who's seatlocks are now expired and are bidding the jet. Most new hires will be prop drivers and will be very junior for a long time. I remember the feeling when Eagle called for a class date....I hate to discourage you from accepting a class in such a tough time in the airlines. I suggest you take the class if it's your only option, go through the training and build some time. Once you get here, you'll understand what myself and all other Eagle pilots post over and over. Once you have passed training here at Eagle, your resume will be more competetive for your next job search. Good luck!

And just to give you a rough idea....my new hire class had about 25 NEW hires.....as of today only 12 remain. So 13 pilots have left in the last 11 months from my class alone.....just the facts.

I met an Eagle guy today who just left Eagle after being there one year. He was fired after his probationary checkride due to failing the ride. According to a check airman buddy of mine, half the EMB probationary pilots last month were FIRED.

Sure you want to go to Eagle?

If you do, use it as an opportunity to improve your resume to get on somewhere else. Don't get lazy and think you'll just hang out 'til it gets better. It won't.

English said:
I met an Eagle guy today who just left Eagle after being there one year. He was fired after his probationary checkride due to failing the ride. According to a check airman buddy of mine, half the EMB probationary pilots last month were FIRED.

I do not know the circumstances behind these statistics but I would assume most did not take this very seriously and were due to other circumstances.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back