Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

any room in the bath tub ?? Im coming in!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Vavso

Thought this would get your attention ! Anyway just left a regional after not doing well in the sim . Did not fail /take the ride but anyways....No hard feelings I understand the situation with training and $ . Sim time is expensive I know that . I am quite devastated, dissapointed in myself but feel embarrassed and ashamed . I want to offer my condolences to anyone else in this situation.but keep your chin up . No ill will toward this particular company ...great bunch of guys and all . Sorry it did not work I chose to work for this company just as they chose to hire me over others..Well I feel a little better now .
BTW anyone know of any flying jobs for someone who loves flying ...flying anything jumpers ,fish spotter ,hunters ,firewatch,pipeline,electric grid ,you get the idea I just love to fly Vavso

I know you feel like it now but it's NOT the end of the world. Don't give up on the regionals, apply at other places but you'll probably have to settle with the lower tier regionals. Just because you fail an airline training doesn't mean you have to runaway to some shady operation in the carrabean just yet. Most importantly though make sure you can pass training this time. If not take time off, and instruct. I remember a case in my ground school who busted and set up ground schools with other airlines a few weeks later. Problem was this guy wasn't even close to ready to fly airliners and now they were setting themselves up for a 2nd failure. Any hint on which airline it was?

My honest opinion?

You're fortunate. If you have another way to make a living throw youself into it and make enough money that you can go flying when you want to, on nice sunny days rather than when someone tells you to.

My honest opinion?

You're fortunate. If you have another way to make a living throw youself into it and make enough money that you can go flying when you want to, on nice sunny days rather than when someone tells you to.

Amen to that. Go get yourself a job that will allow you to buy that Pitts and do loops over the outer marker instead.

If this is what you really want to do for a living, stick with it. I went through the exact same situation a few years ago at American Eagle. I then went and flew cargo for Flight Express (They are hiring right now.), then went to an airline flying BeechCraft 1900's. I am now a captain.

Use this as a learning experience. Be honest with yourself, evaluate exactly what you were weak at, and why/how you fell behind. You should know what you will need to do in order to pass the next time around.

In your next interview, be ready to explain what happened, how you have learned from it, and why it will not happen again.

Sounds the like wee-hour beer talkin. :)

Just another brush stroke on the voluminous canvas of life.

Life is really a chain of reactions. Perhaps you've heard that a butterfly in Japan causes ripples of energy movement across the entire earth.

This was all a learning experience to prepare you for your ultimate fate. Our stories are written by the nanosecond.

What you're thinking, you're becoming.

What you do now will affect things infinately down the road of life. Good and bad shapes our being and more importantly our energy and soul. The culmination of balanced ying/yang is what one should strive for.

Its already happening

For the sake of it I applied online with a regional and already recieved the re apply in 6 months probably from checking the have you ever resigned check box How much wiorse can it get ??

Give it time before you try. I have a friend who FAILED out of Allegheny (Now Piedmont) years ago. He went back and flew twin Cessna's for a 135 operation for a year. He then applied to NetJets and is now captain on the X.

Father to son

Son to Father: "When I grow up I want to be a pilot."
Father to son: "You can't do both."

Sounds the like wee-hour beer talkin. :)

Just another brush stroke on the voluminous canvas of life.

Life is really a chain of reactions. Perhaps you've heard that a butterfly in Japan causes ripples of energy movement across the entire earth.

This was all a learning experience to prepare you for your ultimate fate. Our stories are written by the nanosecond.

What you're thinking, you're becoming.

What you do now will affect things infinately down the road of life. Good and bad shapes our being and more importantly our energy and soul. The culmination of balanced ying/yang is what one should strive for.

Nicely said grasshopper. Thats exactly what I was thinking....however not so eloquently. Yes. Keep trying no kicking yourself where it hurts. You'll get to where you're going soon enough. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back