• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any Reviews From Fellow Frac Pilots Using the QC15 w/UFlyMike

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When you fly with someone who uses the ship's headsets ... do they ever complain they cannot hear you well?

I don't recall, but its been a long time since I've flown with someone using the ship's headsets. I'll make a point of asking next time.

I don't recall, but its been a long time since I've flown with someone using the ship's headsets...

You mean the swine flu spreaders?

I don't know how people can use those things. I'm not much of a germophobe, but when there's a crust on it... :puke:

You mean the swine flu spreaders?

I don't know how people can use those things. I'm not much of a germophobe, but when there's a crust on it... :puke:

I'm amazed at the number of sim parters I have had over the years that would never use a ships h/s yet will be be happy to use them in the sim, where every few hours a new sicko sticks his or her mouth on it. Makes me wish there was such a thing as personal masks too.

About a year ago I got deathly ill (flu) the night after completing recurrent sim trng. It could have been picked up from anywhere, but my guess is that is was from the headset or mask.

Do you guys wear your own headsets in the sim? Might have to do that next time....

Headsets in the sim? Whatever so you mean? That would be like wearing your uniform to sim recurrent.

I agree, but it really depends on the particular POI's attitude .... Some are nazis about headset usage, at least on checkrides.

How well does the QC15/UFlyMike setup work in single-engine GA planes? I hear a lot about how great it works in jets and I was wondering how well that setup would also work in piston planes.

How well does the QC15/UFlyMike setup work in single-engine GA planes? I hear a lot about how great it works in jets and I was wondering how well that setup would also work in piston planes.

Works well except in noisiest of GA aircraft, e.g., open cockpit, C-185, Maule with big engine. Lots of them in use in C-172, Piper Warrior, Mooneys, Bonanzas, etc.

Mike (in UFlyMike)

If anyone else has a question, fire away.

Latest resources

Back