Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any problems airling with liquids, gels, etc?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

Yes, the counter agents CAN remove the "SSSSSS". The problem is that TSA policies aren't applied uniformly, so u never know what 2 expect.

At my home airport, TSA is REQUIRING the counter agents remove the "SSSSS" designation from ALL crewmembers. They also REQUIRE ALL jumpseating pilots to have some type of pass to get through security. They also say the pass-security requirement is required by TSA nationwide. DTW NEVER requires a pass to get through security.

cliff
YIP

skyaddict said:
"The airlines are not allowed anymore to take of the SSSS on your boarding pass."

I'd say 50% of the time a friendly check-in agent still does it for me. And the TSA supervisors seem to think they can.

Yes, the airlines can remove it since they are responsible for determining who gets it in the first place. They should also remove it for military members with a CAC (but you have to ask them up front).

Heads up traveling out of Columbus

Airlined out of Port Columbus (KCMH) on 09-16-2006.The TSA there said they did not recognize fractional pilots as crew and made three of us pilots go check bag with toilet items. They were apologetic and said they knew they were different but that was the order isssued to them.

Just airlined home from boston.
had the SSSS that the airline counter is NOT allowed to remove.
Went through screening, with all my norml stuff and 3 bottles of water and one in my hand !!!!!!
they looked through my bags, did their thing and away I went without any problems.
It all depends who you go through I guess.....

Latest resources

Back