• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any Polar Hiring/Class News?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The merger process will take some time to work out, both MEC's have said that it will be at least another year, as for furloughs.......who knows, but both Atlas and Polar have recently announced that they will be hiring this year!

The new base bid just out shows 49 new hire pilot positions. Captain upgrades begin this week with new hire classes starting next month.

If you really want to get on, an internal LOR will go a lot farther than meeting time requirements. There was no one in my new hire class who didn't have an inside track somewhere.

Last edited:
barbarian4 said:
The new base bid just out shows 49 new hire pilot positions. Captain upgrades begin this week with new hire classes starting next month.

Is this hiring number of 49 for Atlas or Polar or both?

Are you guys working on getting rid of the Stanstead base when the merger is completed? What about people hired by Polar? Will they be required to go to Stanstead?

I guess my question is: how do people think this whole merger is going to shake down? Are they working on a whole new contract? or will they just adopt one contract for both pilot groups. My friends have told me that Polar has a better "quality of life" and Atlas has a better Pay Scale. Will the new contract be a combo of these? Will Polar get screwed since they are the carrier that was aquired? (like the TWA - AA deal)?

What's the word on the inside?

Thanks!

There's no reinventing the wheel here. Both are ALPA carriers and therefore will follow previous case law in the merger process. However, before the two can merge, there has to be one contract and that's where its gonna get ugly.

Its not going to get ugly!!!

We all love each other. We learnt from Rodney King!

barbarian4 said:

If you really want to get on, an internal LOR will go a lot farther than meeting time requirements. There was no one in my new hire class who didn't have an inside track somewhere.

That's great - if you know someone! What about the others? Are they not interested in hiring people on their own merits any more? What's the purpose of the interview, if not to see who is or is not the "right" fit? Seems to me, a lot of potentially good people are being overlooked because they do not have an "in". And I thought most airlines were "equal opportunity" employers :rolleyes: What a joke!

It will be ugly all right. With Polar as the surviving certificate it will be hard to convince Polaroids to merge then take a hike!

Latest resources

Back