Any Pinnacle Quick-Upgrade Capts Here?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
None that I'm aware of.

If you come in with enough time, you'll still have to fly 100 hrs on the line as a F/O before you can go to upgrade class. At least, that's my understanding of how they're doing it now.

Thanks for the replies... one last thing, is there a training note for off-the-street captains?
No. The used to have one for everybody, but they got rid of it years ago when they realized that training contracts weren't enforceable in a "right to work" state.

It's typically 5 on, 2-3 off. Only 10 days off per month. Pure hell.

Its gotten so bad in MSP that I only have 10 days off this month, and I've been a CA line holder since last summer. Its all 3 day trips back to back, with 2 days off in between. SO MANY FREAKIN DEAD HEADS i've managed to read 3 books in the last 2 weeks just while DH. Also, all and I mean ALL trip requests are DENIED DUE TO STAFFING. My wife is telling me I need to get a different job because I hate my life right now, I just come home crabby as Hell all the time. It really sucks.

Last edited:
Just create your own days off with sick calls and fatigue calls. I started my career at Pinnacle with an empty sick bank, and I left Pinnacle with an empty sick bank. Those 6-day weeks really start to affect your health, you know.

Just create your own days off with sick calls and fatigue calls. I started my career at Pinnacle with an empty sick bank, and I left Pinnacle with an empty sick bank. Those 6-day weeks really start to affect your health, you know.

Oh, I plan my life around my once every 3 month sick call..

I can't speak for Pinnancle's hiring practice, it might be a recruiting ploy. As for the 100 hours ... big deal, pilots at majors switch from FO to CA or CA to CA on aircraft they have NEVER flown before. IE. 737 CA to 777 CA.

Yup there is a LOT of that going on right now at Mesaba. Almost everyone going to the CRJ is new to that type... a few of us are new to the type but it's our first upgrade there too... But no there are not, and probably never will be street captains on it. Tends to happen when a new airplane type shows up.

I dunno, call me crazy, but I'm lovin reserve at 9E. Crewsked don't call me/use me? I chill at home. Living in base helps for sure. :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back