• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any Pinnacle Quick-Upgrade Capts Here?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Would they really put somebody off the street in the left seat without any CRJ time after just 100 hours in the right seat? Seems like just a ploy to get you in the door and then keep you in the right seat for 6 months.

We (pinnacle) recently had a bunch of comair guys with 2500+ crj time get hired. Most are bidding CRJ900 flying out of our new base ATL. CA and FO. Ive been here for 4 years and upgraded last year and in MEM I was 4 away from rsv. THANK GOD I got a line....But in DTW I hold 15 days off 90+ hours per month. it is true rsv does suck at PNCL unless you live in a domicile. then its not too bad, but I dont know i havent been on resv with this company since new hire fo. WE are always short captains though....always. I got more info if you need it

My sim partner from initial went back to upgrade with only 80 hours or so pncl time. He was an ex-indy guy. Busted his type ride first time thru. Made it on the second attempt though. Have heard that the street guys with little or no CRJ time have been struggling a bit in upgrade.

Name an airline where this isn't true...

Eagle's system is probably one of the best. I could commute, bid on open trips the day before reserve started and could change my reserve days all through sabre. Avoided the weird CA's and bad overnights.

Last edited:
Seems like PCL is having trouble staffing the 900's. A PCL mechanic in Atlanta said the airplane sits at the NWA hangar isn't because of mechanical problems or schedules, it's because of a lack of crews. What's the deal there?

I am one of the fast upgrades. Well, kind of. I started in Sept. 2007 and just got my 100 hours. But i do have an upgrade class now in Feb. 2008. My upgrade "oral" is with "pink slip P*****'s". I wonder how thats going to go?

I am an ex Trans States guy with no CRJ time, only EMB. Good luck and hope this helps.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back