Any one know who "justice" is?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear70 said:
Yes, the job will be posted in whatever city they need people in, usually where there's a major criminal facility or two. Last one was in Louisiana, next one is rumored to be in Virginia.

You don't do pop-up trips. Ever. You don't live by a pager. Ever. All their flying is planned, usually 4 or 5 days a week, back in your house most evenings from what I was told.

No, but it helps. I was told they will train you as a U.S. Marshall before beginning pilot training on the aircraft.

Hmm, they used to have 727's I believe. Lately I've been seeing them in 737's. Like you said earlier, they carry the illegals back to Mexico. I've seen all the big "prison" busses surrounding the plane on the ramp, with marshals standing guard around the plane. Looks pretty intereting.

Thanks for the input lear.

I've seen Planet Airways 727s in LEX doing prisoner transfer each of the last 4 summers. When it wasn't obviously a Planet aircraft, it was a 727 with a single strip down the side (I seem to recall red or blue or green). Never heard what callsign they were using, so I only assume it was Justice...

they fly primarily to Guatemala City, Tegucigalpa Honduras, and San Salvador. I have also seen then in Bogota, Colombia.

They are flying "OTM's" or Other Than Mexicans.

Major "bases" are Alexandria, LA and Mesa, AZ. I am sure there are others.

This function was done by the INS, back in the 80s', with DC-9s, but was merged into the Marshals Air Wing I think in the early 90's, where it is today.

Lear,

the site is very difficult to navigate. Even if you put in a search for "pilot" under jobs, it comes up with nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

BoilerUP said:
I've seen Planet Airways 727s in LEX doing prisoner transfer each of the last 4 summers. When it wasn't obviously a Planet aircraft, it was a 727 with a single strip down the side (I seem to recall red or blue or green). Never heard what callsign they were using, so I only assume it was Justice...

I dont think Planet was actually doing the trips. I do know for a fact that they used to lease a couple of Planets birds.

ALL the aircraft doing these flights are leased from other companies and flown by U.S. Marshalls.

The leased 3 or 4 DC-9's from Express One back in the day (they were the only 9's left on the certificate, the rest of us were flying 727's).

I think you're right about the application window. I'll see if I can dig up my last known number for the hiring folks in D.C. but I don't have high hopes, I kind of ditched all my job search stuff when I got hired in March...

Lear70 said:
ALL the aircraft doing these flights are leased from other companies and flown by U.S. Marshalls.

Not completely true. Every so often the Marshalls use sub-service from other carriers. I have personally flown at least 20 trips for them in the 727

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back