• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any of you AA guys....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some former Ozark were able to move on to the Boeings via mgt or trng dept assingments. (they may have called them fleet Captains) Most Ozark never flew anything bigger than the DC9. Check the facts, Imight be wrong, but I doubt it.

I know the facts, I worked there, the only fences in place had to do with the L1011, and 747 and that was based on a percentage at the time of the merger. The fact is that we had ozark line pilots flying as captains on the 767 and 727 and it had nothing to do with management pilots or fleet captains etc. Who ever you got your information from mislead you.

xtwapilot said:
I know the facts, I worked there, the only fences in place had to do with the L1011, and 747 and that was based on a percentage at the time of the merger. The fact is that we had ozark line pilots flying as captains on the 767 and 727 and it had nothing to do with management pilots or fleet captains etc. Who ever you got your information from mislead you.

As someone who never worked there, I think I'm a lot closer to being correct than you are as someone who was there. If you know the exact details then tell me. Most Ozark never left the DC9. If it was not an actual "fence" then it was a percentage that almost accomplished the same thing. I know my former TWA friends feel vindicated and it was a clean deal because a very few Ozark made it out of the 9. My Ozark buddies (who are getting pretty old BTW) felt screwed and think the AA deal gave the TWA pilots a bit of their own medicine. I think you're especially wrong on the 727. Ozark had two of them at the time of the merger but got no credit for that career expectation from TWA.

Some former Ozark were able to move on to the Boeings via mgt or trng dept assingments. (they may have called them fleet Captains) Most Ozark never flew anything bigger than the DC9. Check the facts, Imight be wrong, but I doubt it

You might doubt it Flopgut, but it doesn't make you any less wrong. That is, however an interesting bit of fiction you just compiled.

I think it's intersesting how many people who don't have any clue whatsoever about OZ/TWA spout off screwy facts and talk of stapling. If you're not sure, find out then post.

pylut said:
You might doubt it Flopgut, but it doesn't make you any less wrong. That is, however an interesting bit of fiction you just compiled.

I think it's intersesting how many people who don't have any clue whatsoever about OZ/TWA spout off screwy facts and talk of stapling. If you're not sure, find out then post.

I'll check with my Ozark bud. BTW, I have a lot of TWA friends who don't have the story straight at all, so none of this surprises me. Its not like we can pick up Flying the Line and get the right info either. This is one of those instances where ALPA chooses to leave out the facts because it was not something they could be proud of.

If I'm wrong, go ahead and set me straight! Tell me what I'm going to find out and make it crystal clear. You probably can't.

Flopgut said:
My Ozark buddies (who are getting pretty old BTW) felt screwed and think the AA deal gave the TWA pilots a bit of their own medicine.

There was no fence as FO and as such could bid any wide body equipment the system seniority could hold. For Captains, after certain dates, OZ pilots could hold 16% of new bids on the individual aircraft (B747,L10,B767).

As far as your statement above, the TW pilots that got hurt the most in the AA/TW debacle, were not even new hires when the TW/OZ deal went down. If the OZ guys feel better about it, it is a misguided feeling. The TW guys that penned the TW/OZ deal had already retired.

X

Thanks for the info. What about the 727? As I recall OZ had two of them but they had not made it to the line yet. Is that right?

My OZ bud was asked if he would be sad to see TWA go when he got to AA. He said "I'll be there to help you tear the sign down". He went on to explain the irony of having TWA coworkers who could not believe the injustice being visited upon them, and not stopping to think for even a second how he might feel about it being former OZ.

Flopgut said:
Most Ozark never left the DC9.

That's because they didn't want to. I flew with MANY ozark folks on the DC9 at TWA and they ALL could have bid out but they liked the plane, the trips, and the crews on the old 9. Same reason I stayed on the DC9 until AA got rid of them.

It's also worth mentioning that the OZ guys were GREAT to fly with.

Latest resources

Back