Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Raskal

big member, little pay
Just curious, my little airline experiment seems to have gone the direction everyone told me it would so I'm looking for a new gig. Are any of the sites out there better than any others when it comes to jobs (aeps, climbto350 etc...?).

Yes, I realize networking is the best option and I am doing what I can.

Thanks in advance.

I'd say no on the job boards, but maybe yes on the ones with forums to network a bit...but even that is a stretch these days as most of them are frequented by the same 50 or so people...

The jobs posted ore often re-posts of lame jobs and the information shared is iffy at best. All the jobs are searchable for free online and are just organized better on some sites as compared to others.

And really, most of them are $10 a year, get what you pay so why not?

I have seen some job boards that charge $100+ a year, I just cant believe people sign up for those!

I know 4-5 people who have found good work on Globals/Gulfstreams/Falcons in the last 6 month....and none were found online.

Good Luck!

Climbto350 is a good tool for viewing the current market for pilots and the industry in general. The only jobs posted on 350 now are from foreign carriers, China, Korea and India. These jobs require a type in heavy airliners (A319/320/330) and 500 hours in type.

Bizjetjobs is another search engine I have used. More catered to private and corporate gigs. There hasn't been much on there either. You also have to keep in mind that there's 1000s of pilots submitting resumes to these postings. Can you imagine sifting through all those resumes? I bet most of them are deleted.

I think there are jobs out there now. You just have to know the right person. Like you said, networking is the way to go. Just randomly shooting out resumes won't be easy.

I would plan on staying at your current job for a while. I can tell you if you decide to leave, there would be plenty of folks happy to have your job.

Good luck.

You wouldn't get furloughed, just bumped back to the right seat of something right?

Obviously that would stink, but did you get 1000 PIC in the Saab yet?

Believe it or not, I've had two good job offers from applying to jobs I've found on Climbto350. I subscribe to that and willflyfor food.com. Good luck.

You wouldn't get furloughed, just bumped back to the right seat of something right?

Obviously that would stink, but did you get 1000 PIC in the Saab yet?

Yeah, I would survive a furlough but would likely be downgraded and that is a short-term deal with the pathetic FO pay at my airline. As for the PIC I think I have around 700 in the saab but I have more than 1000 total when including the hawker times (not 121, but 91k/135). Problem is, that's usually an airline requirement and who the hell is hiring now that is worth going to? I'm not going to another regional. Ever. I'll get out of flying first.

The overseas stuff is an interest to me, but domestic corporate/frax stuff is more attractive for obvious reasons (not to mention I'm comfortable with it). The right overseas deal would work though.

I'll poke around at some of the sites but I pretty much came to the same conclusion that by the time they make it to those sites they are a crap shoot at best.

Thanks.

BO-105??? You a helo pilot? My father flew for PHI for many, many years...He had a few thousand hours in 105s. Most of his time was in 206 and PHIs other single pilot helos...

FYI - SAIC does a lot of federal government work...Vanity Fair doesn't like us too much as they did a real slime piece on our company a few year back...Oh well, you can't please everyone...

Latest resources

Back