Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any non-military guys to be trained as FFDO's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I quite sure the first person killed by an FFDO weapon will be in the commission of a felony. Between rampers ripping off the weapons and their bags "accidentaly" ending up going for a ride on the bag carousel it's inevitible that some of these weapons will end up on the street.

I hope this becomes public. The TSA has F***ed it up with its chicken$hit rules and foot dragging that I think the program should be shut down and reconstituted by the Justice Dept.(you know, people who do law-enforcement full time?). The fact that Sheriff JimBob from East Buttf**k, Mississippi can carry his weapon on board your aircraft while the FFDO's cannot is crap! Don't get me started on Dept. of Agriculture agents being able to carry!(BTW, the ones on my flights have ALWAYS been very nice).

I believe the dregs running the TSA are hoping the program will fail. If anyone is going to have a gun and badge, they want it to be their own people.TC

Someone the other day told me that the reason the TSA is dragging their feet on issues like FFDO and CASS is that they were lobbying for jumpseat access. I was told they were not only told "No" but "hell No, no way.....never" . So this is just their way of pissing us off.....because they can.

SF3CA

Someone the other day told me that the reason the TSA is dragging their feet on issues like FFDO and CASS is that they were lobbying for jumpseat access. I was told they were not only told "No" but "hell No, no way.....never" . So this is just their way of pissing us off.....because they can.

I've heard this as well.

tsA people would be below scabs in my "not allowed on my jumpseat.......even though they are allowed" list.........

Dorks with guns

Hey 9rj9..that's a pretty bold statement you just tossed out there.Have you met EVERY FFDO? Probably over 4k by now. The guys I went through class with were pretty impressive...quite a few ex special forces,seals.. etc. One of these "dorks" just may save your ungrateful tail someday.Lumping everyone into your narrow window of perception is shortsided and intellectually disingenuous.

Skydash--I think you're thinking of FAM's, not FFDO's. FFDO's are armed pilots. The FAM's are pretty cool.TC

Weasil said:
Guys you shouldn't be discussing this online. Someone should shut this thread down.

Bull. If we were discussing tactics or proceedures, I'd agree. Everyone knows about the programs. They've been covered ad nauseum, if incorrectly, in the media.TC

AA717driver,No I'm talking about FFDO's, of which I'm one.My post read "the guys I went through class with"..that was regarding FFDO class.My post was taking into consideration that 9rj9 was sitting in the cabin and an FFDO was defending the cockpit(maybe deadheading on his own airline for example).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back