Any News for ACA poolies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sligo1

Just wondering if anything has come out of ACA as far as classes or expectations of UAL situation

Thanks

United will tell ACA whether the contract will be honored on Feb 24th. Nothing will happen until then.

where'd you hear March 6? Sorry about my previous post, the date is Feb 28. Not sure why I said 24....

The 24th is the date of the hearing, the 28th is when (at this point before the hearing) the deadline for making a decision is. All poolies need to wait 'til after then............

We all hope United has a clue what they are going to do!

From people within the company. But we all know that you can't always believe what you hear. Hopefully we'll get the word soon.

United filed around December 9. They have 120 days to get a turnaround plan to the judge. I bet those lawyers will delay, delay, delay until the very last day. I for one will not hold my breath for the end of the month...or early March for that matter. Judge and creditors are all saying "Tilton, this plan of yours is unworkable." I'm afraid United won't be here this time next year. ACA will survive, but it'll be messy for awhile.

Talked with a buddy of mine in training. He has said that we might get 70 more jets this year. I will wait and see. But with that in mind they said 450 pilots needed this year. I don't know how a guy in training knows this, but its might be some good news for those in the pool. I know the outcome with UAL is coming this Friday. I believe it will be good news for us at the regional level.

TV

Those training people are the eternal optimists. When I was in training they were forcasting 1000 pilots hired in 2003. Of course that was before everything tanked with UA. When they actually start hiring again (and not just interns) then I'll feel relieved that were growing again and might get some additional growth.

I think in most opinions United would be crazy to cancel our contract knowing the route structure we have for them and the amount of airports we now staff for them. That can't be replaced overnight. Now if only we can talk them into new growth or the 70 seaters.....

Latest resources

Back