Any new TSA rumors?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
losing more airplanes

849 is being returned..not one of the original returns. Losing all of Airways in March (latest rumor from PIT station). If RAH is losing all 7 145s in Dec. '09, and growing on the 70 seats, then I'm sure since gojets is growing this year that our company has worked out reductions in the 50 seat market for later this year or maybe 2010. Of course they don't want us to know about that. Also, from reliable sources in the STL FISDO....the company is looking to merge.....you know what that means for ALPA.......start preparing yourselves financially!!!

This is very frustrating reading all these doom and gloom posts......... well yea what do you guys expect? You've been fighting with management since 2005. There is no positive relations withing the company. Even the FSDO is rumored to comment the ********************ty relations within the company at TSA. How in the world do you expect the company to grow and get more flying when you are setting up a strike center. What does UA,Airways,AA,DAL and any other potential major think about that? You guys need to fix some serious issues before even thinking of having any sort of growth. I just hope it's not too late and hole keeps getting deeper.

Last edited:
This is very frustrating reading all these doom and gloom posts......... well yea what do you guys expect? You've been fighting with management since 2005. There is no positive relations withing the company. Even the FSDO is rumored to comment the ********************ty relations within the company at TSA. How in the world do you expect the company to grow and get more flying when you are setting up a strike center. What does UA,Airways,AA,DAL and any other potential major think about that? You guys need to fix some serious issues before even thinking of having any sort of growth. I just hope it's not too late and hole keeps getting deeper.

I'm not sure exactly what your point is here. Are you saying that we should just sign what the company puts in front of us? I'm not sure that's going to help our situation. I remember another recent contract negotiation that went on for longer than ours has and that ended in a terrific contract, and zero shrinking of the airline.

If you don't want to hear doom and gloom, stop reading about the airline industry.

I'm not sure exactly what your point is here. Are you saying that we should just sign what the company puts in front of us? I'm not sure that's going to help our situation. I remember another recent contract negotiation that went on for longer than ours has and that ended in a terrific contract, and zero shrinking of the airline.

If you don't want to hear doom and gloom, stop reading about the airline industry.
CX-rimjob wants the TSA guys to admit to themselves that they were wrong in wanting a fair contract. That way he can feel better about signing on with gheyjhetts. The only poetic justice is when Hulas gets tired of jacking the TSA guys he will start on the gheyjhetters, wait for the whining it will be epic.
PBR

Where'd you hear about the new service, skip?

Saw a random TSA guy (not crew) on the plane a few weeks ago. He said that he was on his way to MYR to see their ops and teach them the TSA way and that Birmingham was also gonna be added in March. Said he didn't know if it was gonna be overnights or just turns, but that it was TSA not GJ.

A wise old TSA captain once said: "Working at Trans States is like a dog chained in the yard getting beat with a 2x4 everyday. The days you don't get beat with the 2x4, your just happy to be chained in the yard."

I hope and pray that all waterskiers get what they want in that contract and Hulas doesn't screw ya too bad.

If you want backbone, look no further than the men and women of TSA.

And I don't think it was said:

Hulas rims goats

Hulas will try his darnest to keep Trans States alive. It serves his whipsaw goals. Without two bodies to pin against each other he risks facing a hostile pilot group once again. Not good for his way of doing business.

The way I see it, you guys have little to lose. Ask for relief from mediation as soon as possible while you still have something to strike for. Better payscales, better work rules, better scope, and perhaps most importantly, better merger guarantees. You want better merger guarantees should the unthinkable happen and you merge with the dark side. With the economy and demand going down, this could turn out to be real possibility.

If you guys wait too much longer, there may not be a company to strike and thus save jobs.

Latest resources

Back