• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any new Rumors on ASA Furloughs ??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No furloughs, strait from upper managements mouth. Stagnation for the time being because of Brasilia retirements faster than new jet deliveries.

The overstaffed situation is part of the business plan for 2003. There will probably be LOA offered in fat areas in coming months.

Shroth

Absolutely NONE !!

If they are in the future you will more then likely see a posting by the company for voluntary leaves of absence that will more than fulfill the need to trim down the pilot roster over a short period of time.

LOA = Leave of Absence

Probably for DFW RJ guys...

I still think the 747 rumor is a good one!!! With 70 seats!!!! Used for the Key West nap.

The only LOA's will be to Brasilia pilots in Dallas who purposely did not bid for the RJ. They just get a month or two off with gaurantee pay. Like a "vacation". If management really wanted everyone to fly, they could give us some of our routes back.

The only LOA's will be to Brasilia pilots in Dallas who purposely did not bid for the RJ

WRONG.

We already went throught this in ATL and the EMB guys who were not given RJ training dates were kept on reserve on the EMB.

If you don't bid for the RJ the company will displace you at their convenience and then assign you an aircraft and class at their leisure.

Nobody was granted a LOA during the transition from EMB to RJ.

You might want to check with some ATL pilots on how the transition was made.

That was how the chief pilots explained this to me in Dallas. Looking at the DFW list, there are still 57 Brasilia pilots slated for August (with no lines). July is the last month for this plane period. Granted they say that, but we all know they keep a few around for downgrades, etc..,

It would take at least 1-2 months to get everyone class dates. If they can quickly get everyone class dates, I can see no such thing as a LOA or anything of that nature. Also, depending on how long it takes to get a class, and how long they decide to really keep the Brasilia, I can see a few lucky guys/gals with alot of free time.

Last edited:
Actually, DFW EMB crews will be contracted to operate Skywest Brasilias out of IAH.

(kidding)

In other news.. walking around the GO today, there was much talk (yes, another rumor) about Delta approving acquisition of an additional 25 airframes (40 total) in '04.

Though it'd be nice, I'm not going to bet my life savings on it.

Latest resources

Back