Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

any new rumors of furloughs at any of the fracs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Politicians, especially, the republican kind; thrive on willful ignorance. People like B.O. and coulter know this and exploit it to the max.

Dear sir,
Bill O'Reilly is not a Republican or Conservative.

Last edited:
Our problems were our own doing, not that of Bush, Clinton, Greenspan or Frank. The only thing I fault them for is not spanking us when we got out of line. They just led us on the same paths of greed, envy, and entitlement until good ol' fashion capitalism swooped down and kick our a$$es straight.

When are you people going start doing something for yourself? Because the sooner we stop looking at government for the answer the sooner we'll get out of this freakin' mess.

Amen, Brother!

Hung

First of all you're trying to blame something on Republicans that was implemented by BOTH parties in 1999, and Glass-Steagall wasn't enforced years before 1999. That's like the FO saying the Captain caused the accident even though he/she was there and could have easily prevented it. This blaming is simply moronic!

Second...The White House and Greenspan, on several occations in 2003 and 2004, warned of the housing bubble and sub-prime lending. Let me ask you this...Why was a republican asking for more regulation and larger government? The answer lies with my previous statement: they were worried, but Barney Frank wasn't because he was in bed (literally and figuratively) with your man Herb Moses at the Fannie Mae. No one, dem or rep, did anything short of a speech to prevent this.

Whatever your political persuasion you need to know that the government is never the answer. They have consistently failed the people yet you lemmings are looking to them to save you.

OBAMA IS NOT OUR SAVIOR!!!! BUSH WASN'T OUR SAVIOR!!!!

Look in the mirror and you'll find the answer to your problems and American's problems.

Our problems were our own doing, not that of Bush, Clinton, Greenspan or Frank. The only thing I fault them for is not spanking us when we got out of line. They just led us on the same paths of greed, envy, and entitlement until good ol' fashion capitalism swooped down and kick our a$$es straight.

When are you people going start doing something for yourself? Because the sooner we stop looking at government for the answer the sooner we'll get out of this freakin' mess.

I'll second that!

Square miles of land won by: Democrats: 580,000 Republicans: 2,427,000

Some 570,000 sq miles of that is in Alaska. I'm kinda thinking the moose and grizzlies don't give a rat's a$$ about the above stat though.

Now...Caribou Barbie and her redneck "first dude" running their state into the ground? THAT is priceless...

First of all you're trying to blame something on Republicans that was implemented by BOTH parties in 1999, and Glass-Steagall wasn't enforced years before 1999. That's like the FO saying the Captain caused the accident even though he/she was there and could have easily prevented it. This blaming is simply moronic!

Second...The White House and Greenspan, on several occations in 2003 and 2004, warned of the housing bubble and sub-prime lending. Let me ask you this...Why was a republican asking for more regulation and larger government? The answer lies with my previous statement: they were worried, but Barney Frank wasn't because he was in bed (literally and figuratively) with your man Herb Moses at the Fannie Mae. No one, dem or rep, did anything short of a speech to prevent this.

Whatever your political persuasion you need to know that the government is never the answer. They have consistently failed the people yet you lemmings are looking to them to save you.

OBAMA IS NOT OUR SAVIOR!!!! BUSH WASN'T OUR SAVIOR!!!!

Look in the mirror and you'll find the answer to your problems and American's problems.

I agree with you, for the most part, that everyone has skin in the game and that both sides are to blame. (writing and voting in the Gramm-Leach-Bliley, the housing crisis, failed Bush stimulus, etc...)
Also pointing the finger in hind sight doesn't really help anything and history will be the ultimate judge. A given.

That being said, what do you suggest? I guess I don't understand what you are asking me to do.

The Dems have control of the White House, Senate and Congress. It is the rare trifecta that gives the ruling party control and power to really get things done and move swiftly. We put them there and they are going to have their go at it.

I am sorry but some of the stuff that Bush and the Republicans did makes my skin crawl. But if you have read any of my other threads you already know that.

Last edited:
Captn' Dad:

I think the trifecta to which you are referring is the White House, Senate, and House of Representatives. The Senate and the House together make up Congress.

IP

Captn' Dad:

I think the trifecta to which you are referring is the White House, Senate, and House of Representatives. The Senate and the House together make up Congress.

IP
You are right. I think everyone realized what I meant to say.

According to Sandra Day O'Connor, as a guest on the Daily show with Jon Stewart who was quoting the Annenberg poll, only a third of Americans polled can name the three branches of government.

But I knew what you meant...

Latest resources

Back