Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

any new rumors of furloughs at any of the fracs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tax cuts for the rich...

Why are tax breaks to the rich considered good fiscial responsibility to the republicans, while doing the same thing for the less wealthy is considered welfare?

When the tax burden on the "rich" (especially small business owners) is reduced, there is a good chance that some of them will expand their business, which leads to (surprise!) job creation.

This makes a lot more economic sense than giving "rebates" to folks who aren't paying income taxes to begin with. "Payroll taxes" don't count in this equation; this deduction is intended to be an insurance premium to cover SS and Medicare in retirement.

Question for debate: Who among us has ever been given employment by a poor person?

Flame away!

OneBigAssMistake,America.....

Sitting in the lobby of my hotel the other day waiting for the van, I couldn't help but hear the conversation coming from a couple of 400 pound southern folks. Quote "I can't wait ta get me my check from obama...I can finally get dem rims fo my cady". Now I'm happy she is doing her part to spend and get the economy going, but 2 minutes later she had her 5 kids come out of the elevator looking like they had just crawled out from under a freeway overpass. Absolutely pathetic that she was gonna put rims on a car she more than likely couldn't afford, much less put clothes on her half naked children.

Sure feels good knowing that the welfare system is alive and doing good for folks who really need nice rims.....:angryfire

Why are tax breaks to the rich considered good fiscial responsibility to the republicans, while doing the same thing for the less wealthy is considered welfare?

When the tax burden on the "rich" (especially small business owners) is reduced, there is a good chance that some of them will expand their business, which leads to (surprise!) job creation.

This makes a lot more economic sense than giving "rebates" to folks who aren't paying income taxes to begin with. "Payroll taxes" don't count in this equation; this deduction is intended to be an insurance premium to cover SS and Medicare in retirement.

Question for debate: Who among us has ever been given employment by a poor person?

Flame away!

Yes, that all works fine and well until corporate America doesn't want to pay their employees anything nor provide some semblance of benefits. Folks, you can't have a long term healthy economy with a middle class that's down in the dumps. Ain't gonna happen, period.

Last edited:
If true, they will get their wish. This pork filled spending bill created by Obama to get funding for programs the Democrats couldn't get for the last 8 years, was suicide right off the bat. It is strictly a spending bill, not a stimulus. This will go down in political history as one of the worst, if not the worst, financial decisions made by the Democrats.

Again, I hope and I pray I'm wrong but the writing is pretty much on the wall.

I think pelosi and reid drafted the bill. Must have been some sort of politcal support payback.

"We need change", whatever!

Sitting in the lobby of my hotel the other day waiting for the van, I couldn't help but hear the conversation coming from a couple of 400 pound southern folks. Quote "I can't wait ta get me my check from obama...I can finally get dem rims fo my cady". Now I'm happy she is doing her part to spend and get the economy going, but 2 minutes later she had her 5 kids come out of the elevator looking like they had just crawled out from under a freeway overpass. Absolutely pathetic that she was gonna put rims on a car she more than likely couldn't afford, much less put clothes on her half naked children.

Sure feels good knowing that the welfare system is alive and doing good for folks who really need nice rims.....:angryfire
Yep, and you can pretty much guarantee those 400 pound southern folks with 5 kids were good, God-fearing Republicans. :rolleyes:

Yep, and you can pretty much guarantee those 400 pound southern folks with 5 kids were good, God-fearing Republicans. :rolleyes:

Politicians, especially, the republican kind; thrive on willful ignorance. People like B.O. and coulter know this and exploit it to the max.

The majority of the people that Ive worked for are Republicans. The people that sign my pay checks are Republicans. Most of the poeple that ride in the back of our jets are republicans. (unless you are departing from Santa Monica).

So, that being said, Im cool with the elephant...

Latest resources

Back