• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any new hires at Empire?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey cuzzins, I'm currently flying 208s for one of the FDX Feeders. We don't have a 121 side- so I'm thinking about transferring to Empire or MAC. I have substantial time (mostly SIC, some PIC) in similar sized aircraft to the ATR/Fokker, so I'm hoping at least some of those skills would transfer over.

Question #1: Anyone know if one can make said transfer, yet stay at the Caravan payscale (at least)? I know that used to be the case.

Question #2: QOL issue. I know I'd get floated around the system, especially as a newcomer. But does Empire (or MAC) make some effort to have you fly out of your base a couple weeks out of the month. (I know, I'm spoiled in the 208- home every nite.)

Any info would be appreciated. Thangya.

you would probably have a good chance of getting hired on to the 121 side right now because they seem to need pilots-I would call our company dispatch and fax your resume to them rather than HR if you want to work here. I don't think that you could bring your caravan pay with you. I am not 100% sure on that, but we had a couple of van guys come over to the 121 side as an FO and I think that they took a pay cut. As far as flying out of your base goes, you may be able to if you request it, but I guess that all depends on where they need coverage.

Last edited:
ICT wasn't bad-short easy run. Just wish that we could get out of AFW on time. Kind of a dirty town though...

...ya, its like they threw a bunch of trash in a blender and spread it through out the town. Who'd you fly with?

tsky, do the ICT mechanics do the maintenance at night or during the day? Any chance they may base an ATR there? I hear that ICT is a really nice place to live.

208Tech said:
tsky, do the ICT mechanics do the maintenance at night or during the day? Any chance they may base an ATR there? I hear that ICT is a really nice place to live.

I'm pretty sure that the mechanics do the maintenance durning the day there. An F-27 is down there indefinitly. Maybe there will be an ATR there when the Fs go away. They are actually looking for 2 ICT mechanics right now. Aren't you over in Hawii right now 208 tech?

Last edited:
blingair said:
...ya, its like they threw a bunch of trash in a blender and spread it through out the town. Who'd you fly with?

Yeah, the first week I flew with R.G. He uses his full name to post on fightinfo:) .

The next week I flew with the Gas Man. Luckily, he didn't gas me out too bad.

Who's the gas man?...that could be just about any pilot I know-except myself of course-Happy Easter and may all your bunnies be of the Playboy type.

Latest resources

Back