Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

countbat

Alea Jacta Est
Any new fedex rumos? June first is around the corner and the new budget will kick in. Class dates, if any, should be known by now. Or Fedex is slowing down?!

Haven't heard any, but haven't been around the AOC for about 10 days now.

FWIW, they ARE asking for voluntary July vacation cancellations in both seats of the MD-11 in all 3 domiciles (MEM, ANC, and LAX). I'm not really sure that it means anything, though. The company does this fairly routinely.

Haven't seen any evidence of any kind of slowdown either. Flew a 5 day trip about a week ago out west and the jet was full everytime we took off. Course, I only see a very little tiny, tiny bit of the big picture.

I got used most every day that I was on reserve this month. Every time I came in from a trip and thought I was going home, they would hub turn me. My wife had to bring me new clothes out to the airport at 1:00 am. She is awsome.

I'm not complaining about working......I love my job. But I also would love to see them hire some more. On a few of the days I was on reserve vips said there were only 9 or 10 guys available. That is the lowest number I have seen in my short time here. But now we have close to 30 available. So who know?

Good luck,

SF3CA

fedex

Talked with KD the other day and she did not know anything new... I tried to get some info but was unsuccesful.. However, I talked with a buddy of mine and he said he heard 55 new hires this year... That number is in addition to those already in the pool.. If that is the case seems like they would have to do something soon!!

Waiting:eek: :rolleyes: :mad: :confused: :eek: :confused:

They are going to have a class, no make that no classes, they are going to have a class, no make that no classes, They are going to have a class, no make that no classes. You take your pick. Im still throwing boxes waiting for the chance. I hope it is soon.

OK here's what I heard - a good friend talked to a training guy that works on interviews (he did my CRM exercise). He swears we'll be running classes in August. Don't know how many or how long. That's all I got, boys. Back to your meals.

Training...

I would assume that they would have to start pulling some of the guys out of the pool and have a class pretty soon.

Due to the last training bid a lot of the guys, like myself, upgrading are second officers from the Boeing and the DC10. Out of the 16 FO's going into training a month in the MD11 almost half are S/O's.

Keep swimming, hopefully it won't be much longer:D

Monday morning 13:00Z; Just talked to KD and she confirmed nothing at all. In fact she said they have not discussed 4th quarter numbers much. She did say the FEDEX stock has been performing well and that is a good sign. Thats all the info I know. Please let us hear something soon. WORD!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back