• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any new Fedex rumor?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The version I heard was a 19% pay raise for a two year contract extention, but we would have accept the preferential bidding sysetem. That was a deal breaker and the union turned the offer down. Maybe some one who reads this list is on the Pilot to Pilot Committee and can shed some more light on the subject.

"The South's Gonna Do it Agian"

Talked to the ladies the other day and asked them if the voluntary retirements would involve any of them. KD said that they have felt no pressure to retire and that the big wigs have not asked them to move departments until hiring starts up again. They looked at this as a good thing that something still may happen this year. A very optimistic thought was sometime later in the fall. Thats all I know for now. SEEYA

Hmmm

Thats weird!! Considering they have 8,000 applicants on file.. Do they need 8,150??? Hope your right though...

Speaking only for myself, I have not received any such email. Nor do I know of anyone who has. And I have never heard of the company doing such a thing. I think its safe to say there is NO truth to this rumor.

The only way...

...there is any truth to that rumor is that management is asking for recommendations for guys that are ALREADY in the system.

I am on the Boeing and there is absolutely no OPEN TIME to be had these days so you better bid what you want to fly. I am not on reserve and wouldn't know how much those guys are flying but I don't think it is a whole lot on the Boeing. It seems we are pretty well staffed for now.

Sorry for sounding so pesismistic, just being honest.

Best of luck, I want as many guys behind me as possible:p

Reserve dude

I've racked up a total of 20 landings and 75 block hours on reserve for the year of 2003. During the months of January, April, and June, scheduling only called me one time each month for a reserve trip.

As posted earlier, the open time dries up about 36 hours after it is released each bid month as guys drop reserve days and pick up the open time trips to "build a line". Good news for guys like me that live in Memphis and are on reserve; bad news for the poolies and continued hiring picture.

The shortages seem to be in the MD-11 seats and (from what I have gathered) the short pole in the tent is the ability to get guys trained in the airplane.

I will be more than happy to move up to the widebody and make a slot for you poolies, but it seems that training is peddling as fast as they can.

Good luck!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back