Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

any National Airlines guys on this board ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

critical mach

Hello !!!!!

Any National Airlines people on this forum ???

I am a out of work 747 crewmember; 4400 hours in the Classic, with the standard FO type; not enough seniority for PIC.

Is National Airlines in MCO doing and interviews or hiring in both the 747 and the 757 ???

Please explain the interview and hiring process; name of the chief pilot and DO, interview with HR ??? are log books needed, training records, entry aircraft; 747 or 757 ?? crew bases, pay, perdiem, benefits, etc.

I have worldwide experience and no accidents or violations. Allot of Middle East and Europe which National does mostly.

That is about it. If any one can chime in please send me a PM, it would be most appreciated.

Critical Mach

...I am a out of work 747 crewmember...
Join the club. The list just got larger too with another 747 operator going out of business. 747 classic?! That's about as valuable as RJ FO time. Hey sorry, I'm right there with you...I have MD-11 time. Might as well be in the L1011. :bawling:

Screw 'em. I was furloughed in 09/2011.

Ain't never goin' back.

Hiring

Right now National is not hiring. However they have been in negotiations for a contract that would require getting a nose loader and if, (big If) that happened they would need to hire. In that case submit your resume to the Chief Pilot "Steven Smith" in Orlando. They don't have what I would call a standard hiring policy. I was hired over the phone with no interview and I know they don't do any simulator or testing.

National just furloughed half their 757 and 747 crews. No plans for the future other than DoD work which is rapidly winding down. I'd look elsewhere.

We had a couple National guys interview at Atlas last week, they weren't bashing National, but had nothing positive to say about the company.

I enjoy flying with the line folks at National, we are a pretty close group. However, current management seems lost and I hope you guys can hire them as we are over manned for the current flying.

Latest resources

Back