Any more news on Skywest furloughs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HA! Hilarious!!!

I was making fun of you, if you don't get the sarcasm! I think it is hilariously immature to make up a stupid juvenile nickname for a plane to sound cool...."The Bro", how dumb. There is not even an 'O' anywhere in the name of the plane. But keep being cool....maybe you'll fly 'The 9' soon.

PS...I started my aviation education Looong before you probably ever thought about taking a lesson.

Really? A Looong time or a Loooooong time? Guppy?

SkyWest isn't the only pilot group to call the Brasilia a "Bro" either, relax.

eP.

HA! Hilarious!!!

I was making fun of you, if you don't get the sarcasm! I think it is hilariously immature to make up a stupid juvenile nickname for a plane to sound cool...."The Bro", how dumb. There is not even an 'O' anywhere in the name of the plane. But keep being cool....maybe you'll fly 'The 9' soon.

PS...I started my aviation education Looong before you probably ever thought about taking a lesson.

Get over yourself already. I didn't make up the nickname I just used it because it's how I usually hear it referred to at Skywest. You may want to start spell checking my posts as well (I've been known to make an error once in awhile) unless you actually have something to add to the conversation.

And I should also tell you if you started your aviation education that long before I did you will be coming up against the age 65 rule soon.

Last edited:
I wonder why everyone is so concerned about whether Skywest is going to furlough or not. I think some of you would love for Skywest to have furloughs.

I get the same feeling. I think a lot of people would like to see it happen. People seem to giggle to themselves when I tell them how much I like it at SkyW as if I'm lying or just drink too much kool-aid.

As WWMD would say "misery loves company"

I am not suprised that ASA has furloughed while SKW has not. I just see it as ammo to show SKW pilots that having a Union is a bad thing.

Right. Like all the other bs they have caved in on in the last 15 years isn't enough. Woerthless, overpaid mobsters.

W=Whatever

Actually, I doubt the really senior guys are whining about line values--those are the only folks who can PBS line value award themselves up to X hours...I bid in the 20s in ORD and get my credit range desired every month. If they're not using that logic, then of course they're going to see line credit drop--it's controllable if you know how.

What is the Skywest policy on furloughs? Is there a recall section? How long is recall? Are there other benefits such has healthcare, severence, seniority protection? etc?

What about a job search program? Air Inc membership, prefered interviews, other programs?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back