Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

F9 Buff

Anyone here get hired with Lynx yet?

They are about the one regional that I REALLY WANT to fly for but they also have the highest minimums by a mile compared to everyone else?

Anyone know the logic behind their high mins? It is not like their pay is more than anyone else's really. Just can't figure out why every other regional is dropping their mins to 250-600 hrs but Lynx who is flying props is so high?

Is the Q400 that much more difficult to fly than an RJ?

Just trying to figure out if I (730/130) should even bother sending in my app or not.

Last edited:
You definitely should send your stuff in. I have heard rumors that Lynx is way behind schedule. They probably are not really hiring right now, so they have not had to drop their mins yet. Once they start really hiring, they will match everyone else's mins. It would be nice to have your resume near the top of the stack.

Anyone know the logic behind their high mins?

I think it's because they are brand new, and new-hires would be offered upgrades very quickly. If they hired a lot of <1000 guys, none of them would be able to be Captains for quite a while.

Yes, send in an application.

Be prepared.
One domicile, Denver. I hope you have a heavy coat. As for high mins my buddy at Frontier says it is nonsence it's only because they are behind schedual that they feel like they can be intimedating with their mins but if you send in your stuff they will call you for an interview at least that is what my friend says.
Besides arent they another kind of animal ?

I wouldn't go there if you ever want to work for mainline. Don't expect them to hire you at Lynx, pay to train you, then pay again to upgrade you, then decide it would be a good idea to hire you at mainline so they can pay to train you all over again for the bus while paying to train the person who replaces you at Lynx. Not going to happen.

I wouldn't go there if you ever want to work for mainline. Don't expect them to hire you at Lynx, pay to train you, then pay again to upgrade you, then decide it would be a good idea to hire you at mainline so they can pay to train you all over again for the bus while paying to train the person who replaces you at Lynx. Not going to happen.

Heard that argument before and it is bogus... Doesn't matter if it is jim or joe going through training, they will still have to train someone, may as well be the guy who is familiar with the company.

If your theory is correct no one would ever get a promotion within a company.

Heard that argument before and it is bogus... Doesn't matter if it is jim or joe going through training, they will still have to train someone, may as well be the guy who is familiar with the company.

If your theory is correct no one would ever get a promotion within a company.

I don't know, why do airlines have seat-locks and fences to keep FO's from jumping around the fleet? Probably because it cost money to send people to training...

If F9 hired a Lynx person, they would be paying for two training cycles instead of one, maybe 3 training cycles instead of one if the Lynx person was a CA. I'm not saying the company will blackball all Lynx guys but it is several tens of thousands of dollars that they might consider.

Latest resources

Back