• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any Lynx people out there?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heard that argument before and it is bogus... Doesn't matter if it is jim or joe going through training, they will still have to train someone, may as well be the guy who is familiar with the company.

If your theory is correct no one would ever get a promotion within a company.

The flow through worked great at eagle. . . [borat pause] NOT!!

AA was hiring so much they had to force the flowthroughs to stay so Eagle could stay staffed.

Same will happen anywhere else.

I don't know, why do airlines have seat-locks and fences to keep FO's from jumping around the fleet? Probably because it cost money to send people to training...

If F9 hired a Lynx person, they would be paying for two training cycles instead of one, maybe 3 training cycles instead of one if the Lynx person was a CA. I'm not saying the company will blackball all Lynx guys but it is several tens of thousands of dollars that they might consider.

Lynx and Frontier don't operate in a vacuum. If someone from Lynx doesn't get hired at Frontier they will get hired somewhere else and the group will have to hire two unknown people instead of one unknown. I'm not saying it's not policy (written or unwritten) at wholly owned airlines, but I am saying it's a counter-productive policy.

Last edited:
when is this supposed to be up and running and what is the truth about this place?

ERJFO and T-Prop are right. Frontier management will not completely black-ball Lynx pilots from getting jobs at mainline, but I guarantee it will not make it easy. Don't make the mistake of thinking that a job at Lynx is the fast route to F9.

Does anyone have any specific information on applying here. This is my top choice, I live in DEN and I actually meet the high FO mins and am looking to skip to a new regional.

I can't find much about applying, there is an email on career builder that it says to send a note to in order to apply. I sent one there but got no response.

Would like to apply and try to be one of the first FO's.

If anyone is wondering why I would take this chance on a complete unknown.. I'm a Mesa Beech FO.. nuff said..

cale

I sent an e-mail as well with no response. I was going to send another , but the job posting has been removed.

You guys may be right about the flow-through but in my experience with F9 they are big on promotion from within. I went through a few different jobs with them in the past and there was never a problem with moving up in the company. When there is a job opening, they post it on the company site first, then if no one internal bites then they put it on the .com site.

I am not looking for the quick way into mainline, I am looking for a good flying job and for me Lynx would be it. Too bad it looks like it may take a while for me to get there though.

I know a few senior Lakes CA's that have taken jobs there.

I was going to say, what about all the lakers at F9. I know CO is taking 30+ pilots a month from XJT, despite the training backlog we have.

Latest resources

Back