• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any "Latest & Greatest" About Atlas?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is Atlas hiring onto these days? Any estimate of proportion of 744 to 767?

depends on the timing. we added two B767-300Fs recently, so we've had a string of classes for those airplanes. Should be close to having all the pilots we need for those airplanes in the schoolhouse, so it should taper off unless we get more planes. Last I heard on the 747 hiring was classes every three weeks indefinitely, to cover retirements (30ish this year?) and upcoming -8 deliveries. So, it'll go like gangbusters until they hit some magic internal number and then stop.

I know the guy....he interviewed three times over a period of a few years. Good guy and I am very surprised he wasn't hired.

I know the guy....he interviewed three times over a period of a few years. Good guy and I am very surprised he wasn't hired.

Interesting...so, why would they keep interviewing him?

How many A/C does Atlas fly for Qantas ? Over on Pprune they are talking about doing the flying themselves when the contract is up.

the only problem I see with them flying it is the plane departs JFK to ORD to HNL......don't think you can do that in an Aussie registered airplane..... They may have another plan to do it but that's the current routing.

the only problem I see with them flying it is the plane departs JFK to ORD to HNL......don't think you can do that in an Aussie registered airplane..... They may have another plan to do it but that's the current routing.[/QUOTE

You can if you are only picking up cargo.

the only problem I see with them flying it is the plane departs JFK to ORD to HNL......don't think you can do that in an Aussie registered airplane..... They may have another plan to do it but that's the current routing.[/QUOTE

You can if you are only picking up cargo.

I could only find this...
http://cfr.vlex.com/vid/122-165-air-cabotage-19649356

And it states passengers, any property or mail for revenue. I'm not really up on Cabotage laws....if you could, could you post something that shows the exemption for cargo..

Latest resources

Back