Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

crjsurfer

Doing this for a friend who is looking.
Does anyone have any information about Pan Am, pay, work rules, schedules, good company to work for, etc...????
Did a search here and didn't come up with anything!!
Any info, even second hand gouge would be great!!!

any job flying a jet now adays is good

Based in Portsmouth, NH
HUB in MCO
Starting system to south amercia
now has about 10 727's same amount of J-31's
just bought 20 plus UA 727's, half will fly, half will be parted out
Obviously major expansion possible
Managment is as anti-union as they come
Pays low side of Average for a national

Haven't talked to my buddy in about 6 months, but he said it was not a managment friendly company. You do as they say or else. He said pay was slightly lower than average. I had read in a few periodicals that they were going to purchase from 20-26 727s. I guess you do the math, with only 10 now I presume upgrades will come quick if you are qualified, a chance to gain some quick seniority as well. If I can get a hold of him I will see if he can shed some light here on the Blue meatball.

AAflyer

The base is SFB (Sanford-Orlando International) not MCO.

Of the United 727s, I believe eight will be taken for parts. The remaining aircraft will be used to form a new airline called "Pan AM World" which will be based in the Dominican Republic. These aircraft will be on a seperate certificate and will not be flown by the Pan Am crews now flying the Pan Am 727s.

They will be flown by foreign crews. Ths main hub will be in the DR and will fly throughout the Caribbean/Latin/South America. Expected startup date: late 2002 or 2003.

I don;t believe there will be any growth in the Pan Am based out of Portsmouth, NH. Most the thrust will be in the "Pan Am World" startup.

Latest resources

Back