• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any Guard types get a Jan AMS date yet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My two friends that are at AMS have not contacted me yet. I don't know if they are allowed to. When they get back, I plan on getting all the gouge.

From what I've heard it's not that bad. PT is minimal to non-existent. They are trying to cram everything into 6 weeks so you don't get much sleep. Two tests, two graded memos, two 5 minute presentations, and you are graded on marching. 80% or better, and you're a 2LT.

Bloud-

Do you happen to be a SF Raven? just curios & good luck.

I was also reading your post re: BS waiver...exactly why i was considering the army guard. My unit won't start my package until I have 15 units remaing. anyway i'll look forward to your reply.

Vicman, to nswer your question, I am not raven qualified. Was looking into it when all this activation stuff started. And since all this activation stuff I am kind of glad I didn't get raven qualified. Those guys haven't been home in a long time.

Far as my BS wavier. It wasn't to hard to get and it wasn't my units fault, but the problem was that they didn't know I needed it. So that is what took so long. I had to get it because I was in Army ROTC for almost three years and opted to get out. Long story short, if I was going to fly in the army I was going to do as a warrent and not commisioned. So I had to get a wavier because I was already in a comisioning program.

But I have to be honest I find the Air Guard a little more professional than the Army Guard, but all the warrents I knew in the army guard were real cool. I just decided to Go with Air Guard. I could get a comision and actually fly. More flying avalible in my opionion I feel the USAF relies on the Guard more then the Army does and comsioned officers in the Army don't get to fly a lot.

Good luck and it must be nice to have a crown vic. I have a Chevy desiel that seems to always break down.

Bloud- neither am I..just didn't know if sky cop=SF or raven but oh well. I too did AF/Army ROTC for three years, I talked to the Air Guard recruiter today who said I can apply..it turns out I am just 3 units shy! As for the Army..I was hoping to fill the square. I just need to get the bar and wings do my time and if i like it i'll stay, if not i'll go navy or AF (hopefully). If they're (army)running about 65% on pilots..that's where i'll go. The AF since to be fat in terms of pilots-fixed wing. I'm eying the 129th RSQ air guard ..i really really want to fly UH-60s (next to the C-17 or other heavies)as a reserve and fly for a good regional full time. keep in touch.

Vicman, I know what you mean. I had a huge intrest in Rotor wing flying also. I figured though I would take the slot I got offered then I could always look into something else later if this isn't exactly what I want.

Far as choppers go, I don't know if it would intrest you but I think the AF reserve has some specail ops HH-53's down in hulburt or Eglin. And the have 130's so I bet a lot of their guys end up flying both. I also saw somewhere that the SC Army guard is looking for AH-64 pilots. Commisoned or warrent. I think I read that on baseops.net.

Is the 129th the rescue unit out of NY?

Good luck to you. the blackhawk is a great airframe. Hope you get.

hey Bloud I hear ya there..it's all about taking whatever they throw your way as long as you get in. The 129th is out of Moffet FAF (SF Bay area). As for MH-53's they're great..(they'll be MV-22's soon) I'm not too picky...Heck I'll fly an airworthy garbage can out of B-F-E if I have to. By the way...AMS means?

"Hayward twr Cessna 4AF requests radar vectors..I think I'm lost"
"N4AF, Tower, Ident and say last known pos."
"Ahh 4AF..last position was number two for take off" - Yikes =)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back