Any Good Jepp Study Products?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Wingsweep

Since I've now seen every episode of Law and Order they ever made, I was wondering who sells a good Jepp study guide, tapes, etc. for helping military guys transition to the real world? I'll be in front of the TV in my underwear eating CatDog Cheeze Nips 'till someone replies. Thanks.:)

What??

Hey,

I thought I taught you everything you need to know about Jepps when we were in PHX! Get a Jepp "Introduction" section from someone along with some sample charts/plates... that'll tell you everything you need to know. Don't bother with an over-priced video... unless you can borrow one and/or you enjoy eating cheese crackers in your BVDs in front of the TV.

See ya,
RightBettor:)

I don't know if it's still there, but on the AFFSA website from Andrews a link existed to a multi-series set of articles which covered Jepps in gory detail. The series originally was published in the AOPA magazine about 2 years ago.

Jepp Videos

Go to the Jeppesen website and find the training products... they have a great set of videos that take you step by step through the whole system of Jepps, including the design philosophy etc... outstanding and they cost about $100 for the set.

I saw a web site once - not positive but I believe it was called "totheairlines.com" I will try to verify this, anyways they had a link to training materials from jepp that could be downloaded free.

Also if you have a copy of jepp plates they have quite a large index and glossary with a lot of good info.

Thanks!

Thanks! In all fairness to RightBettor, he did try to teach me Jepp in PHX. However, his instructional technique was, "Just follow the black line, stupid. Take two ILSs and call me in the morning.";)

Now wait a minute!!!

I never called you stupid... I believe the correct term was "dummy!" :D

In all seriousness, don't go out and spend $100 unless you REAAAAALLLY think you need to. There will be plenty of people at the school house in Dallas who will be able to answer questions on Jeppesen material. Getting a $100 video for this would be like getting a $100 video on the AIM.

See ya later in the big "D!"

RightBettor

jepp stuff

air inc has a pretty good gouge book on jepps with sample charts / plates / legends and explnations for about 40 bucks
as much as I hate to give Kit Darby another frekin dime
its a pretty good book

Latest resources

Back