Any former USAF/Mil at Netjets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Beernutz

I'm a C-17 guy with a NetJets interview coming up. Just trying to get as many opinions as possible from someone with a common frame of reference, regarding QOL, days off, pay(cut) and what not.

Thanks in advance . . .

paycut? skip nja and go right to fedex!

Um, thanks all, as for Fedex, well um, I'm under the impression that you have to pretty much give your left testic!e to get in there. Maybe both. Otherwise I'd love to.

Is it really possible to commute? Sounds iffy
With that, can you just change your ticket on the back end of your trip and get home home (not your domicile) that way?

Reserves - any flak for doing reserves also?

Tough one: best plane - highly subjective I realize

Thanks all

Um, thanks all, as for Fedex, well um, I'm under the impression that you have to pretty much give your left testic!e to get in there. Maybe both. Otherwise I'd love to.

Is it really possible to commute? Sounds iffy
With that, can you just change your ticket on the back end of your trip and get home home (not your domicile) that way?

Thanks all

Hey Beernutz.

I think I can answer your questions from all my research.

Commuting can be done. Most guys that do it buy cheap tickets on SWA or wherever months in advance (only works on the 7/7) and fly to their domicile the night prior to their first duty day. At the end of your tour the company will get you a ticket to wherever you want, however, you have to pay the difference between the price of that ticket and what it would have cost to fly to your domicile.

You will definitely get no flak for doing reserve duty, NJA will support you 100%.

Best plane - Anything but the X (or so I'm told).

And yes the paycut will be huge. As a C-17 guy I'm sure you haven't paid taxes in a while. So your actual take home pay will probably be less than half of what you're bring in now. :(

Thanks all
There is a great deal of former military guys here. Half of my indoc class was exmiltary

There are a lot of guys here in the reserves. There is no problem for someone in the reserves. There are some things they do for you when you are on reserve duty. I just can't say exactly what they are because I'm not a reservist. you will have to get someone more in the know

As for best plane, the one that gives you the highest seniorty (if they only offer one type of plane take it don't wait).

If they give you a choice of equipment, something with an APU. beyound that its your own personal choice.

Last edited:
I hear very recent newhires have been getting the Hawker 800XPC which is a real nice plane with a capable ProLine 21 system up front. That said, any newhire could get any aircraft from the Ultra/Encore and Beechjet to the G200 and X (with an outside chance for a Falcon 2000 slot - very rare I am told). Plenty of ex military at Netjets. They probably have a secret handshake...

One important point to those considering Netjets vs. the airlines: the type of flying you do is very different. If you want a set schedule and a routine after a few months, take the 121 route. If you prefer route variety (thousands of potential Class B and remote airports vs. 100 set destinations) and treating your pax like a VIP (go above and beyond to take care of them) in an adhoc environment during your one-week tour, then go for Netjets.

I would assume that military pilots would adapt very well to Netjets flying because most MAC pilots fly cargo/troop missions or fly Pentagon brass around on an adhoc basis all of the time. It is not the same old routine you find in 121 flying - I know because I am bored to death flying the same old 121 flying day after day...

Last edited:
Couple of C-5 pilots have had recent offers. I know a bunch of C-17 and F-15/16 pilots over there. They're lovin' in from what I hear and NJA is definitely military friendly.

johnsonrod:
Plenty of ex military at Netjets. They probably have a secret handshake...

Yes and YES ;)

Latest resources

Back