Any flight schools that pay good?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airludy

I am thinking about looking for a decent flight instructing job. I have 1600 hours mei/cfII. Any good schools out there that pay a salary??

I would check the university programs...Western Michigan University pay wasnt too bad and the area is pretty cheap to live. Winter months tend to be a bit slow.

airludy said:
I am thinking about looking for a decent flight instructing job. I have 1600 hours mei/cfII. Any good schools out there that pay a salary??

i thought you were going to go drive a UPS truck for 35k?

dont forget to ask if the flight school will buy you lunch! :rolleyes:

airludy said:

Didn't you say you had 2000 hours in another thread? How'd you lose the 400 hours?

No.

Even the ones who charge a mint for instruction don't filter much down to the CFIs (I think someone here once posted American Fliers pays about $8.00 per hour, charges like $40). Independents make much more, but try finding students with avgas at $5/gallon. I've heard a really good independent can make upwards of $50/hr doing instruction in others' aircraft, but haven't seen evidence of that.

Yes I charge 40$ flight/ground for independent. Its a good side gig, but impossible to keep a full schedule

Latest resources

Back