Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any FedEx/NWA/PCL guys live in New Albany, MS??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
twiceskunkeddog said:
New Albany has popped up on the wife's home search radar. Anyone know about it?

Thanks,

TSD

All I know is that there are tons of cars in peoples front yards on blocks if you know what I mean............Git-R-Done. I'd have to agree with the Anchorage idea.

recently drove thru there on the way back from florida and there are a lot of houses with above ground pools in the FRONT yard!

Thanks fellas...

Yeah... I think if this rumor is true about the Mighty Dog, then I may end up on reserve for a long long long time, so I think that G'town or C'ville would be the way to go.

Thanks for the responses,

And don't worry WOT I still am hoping for ANC...

TSD

I spent the better part of two years on reserve in the back of the Boeing. Made our choice to live in C'ville a pretty good one.

Turns out, the family loves it here also.

FJ

Gross generalizatons

I'm not sure how many times I've posted over the two years I've been reading this website, but it's probably in the single digits. I generally prefer to post only when I've got the information necessary to speak intelligently on the matter at hand. In this case, I have lived in MS for the last six years. For someone to say that you can't be happy if you live in Mississippi (or any other state for that matter) is a ludicrous and false generalization. I have seen MS and Memphis take an incredible beating on this site, and I'll admit that there are negative issues in both. However, it's been my experience that there are negative issues wherever I've lived. People tend to either look for the positives in a given situation and find ways to be happy or, well, you can fill in the rest... I've worked in the Columbus area all of this time and have been very happy here. I've visited Jackson, Hattiesburg, Tupelo, Southaven, Hernando, Oxford, etc., and honestly believe that I could be happy in any of those towns as well. I know that there are many of you who were born/raised in different climates and social environments, and would prefer to get back to those places. That's fine, and I wish you well in your endeavours to return to whatever "God's country" means to you. However, I've travelled around the world in my previous military life, and I can honestly say that I and my family have never been happier than right here in the Magnolia State. If it's really that bad, find another place to live, but please don't insinuate that there is not one location in all of Mississippi where one can find happiness!

Has anyone compared the relative tax rates between TN and MS? At what income does TN become the better deal, with being able to write off sales tax and all now?

Latest resources

Back