• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any experience with Four Star?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thought I'd bump this.....feel like a mid-life crisis coming on....strong desire to fly DC-3's for pay while they are still around.

From what I've seen recently, hiring mins are pretty low as long as you already have the rating.

Anyone know what FO pay/schedule is like?

big time problems from what ive heard round the patch,check out Catalina Flying Boats,at LGB ,they fly 3's, also there are a few outfits in Opa Locka,Fla,and Anchorage,who still fly the old girl. Good luck,and Godspeed. Spent my first 10 years in aviation 87-97 flying the masterpiece,hard work,great blue collar flying !

Thanks for the info.....is Catalina still flying the DC-3? I thought I saw their DC-3's up for sale about 6 months ago.

Thanks for the info.....is Catalina still flying the DC-3? I thought I saw their DC-3's up for sale about 6 months ago.
Oh boy,I hope not, but anyway,Opa Locka is sporting a few operators including a Super 3 operator,and ditto for ANC, good luck !,the 3 exceeds the hype ! the hours will be tough,and the pay meager,but the window is rapidly closing on the working round engine breed, i just hope you dont regret your decision some rainy 0 dark 30 night, while you are pouring oil into an engine,and you have hours to go,and many miles to fly before you sleep,but the flying is true, and "Fate is the Hunter",and "Wind,Sand ,and Stars", will take on a new meaning for you,Godspeed !

Geeze Tower, with a Bonanza Logo you're only about 55 years too late...

Good luck though. Something I would have liked to do was work with the DC-3. I know there must be a couple still working in the SE because there was one flew past the homestead a week ago. Couldn't see her but you just know that sound...

Latest resources

Back