Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any ex or current Weather Mod pilots here?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

414Flyer

Down with Chemtrails!
What project(s) did you fly? What are you doing now?

Edwards acquifer (Hondo) 2001. Cessna 340
Currently India rainfall project. Cheyenne II

Oklahoma hail suppression 1997- KPWA- C-340 and PA-31T
High Plains Texas 1997- C-340

Currently: Managing Director in high-speed aluminum tubing for American Beagle Freightlines

How is the pay/ benefits/ quality of life living in India? Do Pat or Jim ever go out there? I thought about doing the Argentina project after the '97 season, but decided against it.

Jim was here this week. Pay here in India is pretty good actually. Not quite airtanker pay, but still not bad at all. Two of us "captains" per plane, with Indian copilots. QOL? Well, haha, lets just say I wont take a lot of things for granted when I get back, and I think I will have had now about every intestinal ailment there is to have

I've got a buddy who's been asking me about getting his son in the business. He's fairly well off, and is willing to finance his son's career if it's the "right thing" to do. I couldn't answer this question, so I'm booting it to the forum for discussion.

What are your feelings about Shupert's Pay-To-Spray program?

NDCMP - 4 summers between 1988 and 1994
Izmir, Turkey - 1993-94
Istanbul - 1993
Izmir - 1992-93
Thessaloniki, Greece (with CIC) - 1992

Currently hoping for the best at Delta.

SB

ex wmi pilot

I flew the 2000 season out of woodward, ok city, pampa and ama. a great bunch of guys...hey walt, hoss, jeff, renae!

Funny you should post this. I just started looking into an internship offered at my university having to do with weather mod... I think they fly 402s. Seems like a good way to learn a lot about weather in a hurry, and get some twin time to boot.

I flew the High plains project in 99, AMA, Oklahoma in late 99, PWA, Santa Barbara over the winter 99/2000, then Edwards in 2000 out of Hondo TX.

If Snow Back is who I think he is, he helped get me the job with Weather Mod.

Ferried a DHC-6/300 to Thailand with a big a$$ hopper tank in the back for cloud seeding. Didn't do any of the actual work, just delivered the plane. Didn't sound like fun.

FreightGuyNTX said:
I flew the High plains project in 99, AMA, Oklahoma in late 99, PWA, Santa Barbara over the winter 99/2000, then Edwards in 2000 out of Hondo TX.

If Snow Back is who I think he is, he helped get me the job with Weather Mod.

Could be. I think we met on this board many moons ago. If it WAS me, I hope I didn't run your life by making you a Wx Mod junkie!

T

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back