Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OUPilot said:
He is in the wrong profession then.

I assume you'll never have a wife then, for her sake. Let me know how it goes when you say "Honey, will you marry me? But before you answer you should know that you'll always be number two, next to my job."

Buddy1958- I would love to know where you get this term "Scare-net". Please back this comment up I can't wait to hear your disertation. You obviously have no idea about our company. If anything it's "Scare Now" not "Net" and that is coming from people that I know who work or have worked there. As said before AirNet is a great company to work for in the freight industry. You can't put a price on safety, and that is why we don't.

RiddleEagle18- Here is some advice when looking for a flying job. One, even though you have a family as do I you need to be willing to relocate to some extent. Also remember, everything will work out if your willing to move a bit with the desire to move back to "home". Commuting isn't too bad, and anything is do-able "spelling" for a little while. So you may need to be a little flexable with anyone you work for. Remember, nobody wants to leave
"home" whether it be a pilot or an accountant. But if it means getting closer to the end goal and sacraficing some things now. Then by all means you need to jump at the chance.O yea and the night thing isn't for everyone and chances are that you'll be offer about 20 night runs for every 1 day run at AirNet. So maybe AirNet isn't for you but that is something to thing about. You don't want to be killed because you couldn't stay awake. SO it may be just better to stay away. This by the way isn't flaming you at all, it is just a fact. We would rather see you alive at some other company, then dead at AirNet. Sometimes the truth hurts but think about it. Good luck bud. Let us know if you have any other questions.

paulsalem said:
I assume you'll never have a wife then, for her sake. Let me know how it goes when you say "Honey, will you marry me? But before you answer you should know that you'll always be number two, next to my job."

i am not picking a fight here, but will say that a few moves in aviation is the norm. someone who marries a pilot knows how this industry works....hopefully. one has to be willing to either move / commute / find a comp that has a base in their home town they can hold with a little senority. at airnet, upgrades tend to go quicker for the people who are willing to move. i have seen guys move their fams 2 times or more (once for the prop / lr sic / lr pic), and i have seen guys who don't move them at all and commute with a reserve schedule. the reserve schedule is 8 on 6 off. we are getting cass and will help people a lot. don't try commuting with the 4 on 3 off schedule. when you have a gf / wife, you don't need to have a talk like the one you stated, but a talk to let them know what type of profession you are in and what could happen is a must. and take the advice given earlier...if you have an interview, do not say you are unwilling to move.

the average upgrade time from prop to lr sic is still going 12-14 months i believe. longer for people who don't want to move.

Last edited:
CFIIer said:
142 out of TEB was actually an all 208 run, but because there were tons of barons laying around over there, and because there was a couple of legs that were empty/light, I would take the baron just to switch it up, and keep building multi time.
Gotta keep lots of extra barons around for when one of them gets banned from TEB for setting the noise sensors off too much. haha

RiddleEagle18 said:
dont JEEZZZUUSS me man. People on this website are so judgemental. I have a wife and kid so moving isn't the easiest thing to do anymore.

BOOO HOOO, dude I've got 3 kids and a wife. What you think your special?

90%+ of the runs at FLX are daytime. Of course, the upgrade is in to the Baron instead of the Lear, but it's a decent company to work for and the pay is OK.

CFIIer said:
When i finished training, i got 142 out of TEB. Showtime was about 11am, and I usually finished by 9:30 or 10pm, five days a week. It actually wasn't a bad deal.

142 used to be my run....it was a Baron run...11PM show. I see things have changed over at TEB.

Latest resources

Back