Any Chrysler Pilots Here?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You got it right Sabre dude.

1200 meaningless posts does not make an expert.

If there are any Chrysler pilots are here, I flew BN before he was at Home Depot...you know, that BIGGER company. And he was always a pleasant passenger. I got along with him just fine. Chrysler is in trouble (the company - not the flt dept. I have met some of their pilots in school but that does not make me an expert) and a BN is just what they need to push them in the right direction.

Maybe Sleepy is hot and bothered because he doesn't have the social skills to interact with executives.

And Sleepy, before you get into the "he's drinking the company kool-aid" routine, I no longer work for that company. Left on my own and found something better. The type of job you couldn't handle.

I've been here the whole time and I'm not going anywhere.

Have a nice day.

I got along just fine with old Bob and his ego. I understand that he was pretty easy to deal with when you flew him at GE. I guess some people change when they get the ultimate power? What most of us at the HD didn't like was what he and his GE buddy's did to our company, it was legal robbery.

The improvements have been in full force since they departed. It will once again be a great company. As for Chrysler, he should do well there. His style and process is much better suited to a manufacturing operation.

Let's see, if you have a store that is there to sell stuff to people, and you fire most of the people that work there to save money in the short-run, and their isn't anyone there to help customers buy stuff, what will happen in the long-run? It clearly does not work in retail.

You got it right Sabre dude.

1200 meaningless posts does not make an expert.

If there are any Chrysler pilots are here, I flew BN before he was at Home Depot...you know, that BIGGER company. And he was always a pleasant passenger. I got along with him just fine. Chrysler is in trouble (the company - not the flt dept. I have met some of their pilots in school but that does not make me an expert) and a BN is just what they need to push them in the right direction.

Maybe Sleepy is hot and bothered because he doesn't have the social skills to interact with executives.

And Sleepy, before you get into the "he's drinking the company kool-aid" routine, I no longer work for that company. Left on my own and found something better. The type of job you couldn't handle.

I've been here the whole time and I'm not going anywhere.

Have a nice day.

I got along just fine with old Bob and his ego. I understand that he was pretty easy to deal with when you flew him at GE. I guess some people change when they get the ultimate power? What most of us at the HD didn't like was what he and his GE buddy's did to our company, it was legal robbery.

The improvements have been in full force since they departed. It will once again be a great company. As for Chrysler, he should do well there. His style and process is much better suited to a manufacturing operation.

Let's see, if you have a store that is there to sell stuff to people, and you fire most of the people that work there to save money in the short-run, and their isn't anyone there to help customers buy stuff, what will happen in the long-run? It clearly does not work in retail.

I don't have a dog in this fight, as the saying goes. But I do agree with sleepy on this. HD has the worst customer service. The other day I successfully went to HD and purchased $80 worth of stuff and never had one employee even say hello. Heck, I even got to check myself out and the lady there to help just in case I was too stupid to run the scanner (really to make sure I didn't steal anything) didn't even look at me. Gee, thanks for your business. That never happens to me when I go to Lowe's. HD sucks.

I don't have a dog in this fight, as the saying goes. But I do agree with sleepy on this. HD has the worst customer service. The other day I successfully went to HD and purchased $80 worth of stuff and never had one employee even say hello. Heck, I even got to check myself out and the lady there to help just in case I was too stupid to run the scanner (really to make sure I didn't steal anything) didn't even look at me. Gee, thanks for your business. That never happens to me when I go to Lowe's. HD sucks.

Sorry about your experience Cool Hand. It will take time and money to replace the high-quality workers that our old management team ran off. The new leadership is working hard and spending the money necessary to correct these problems. Please give us another opportunity to get it right.

Sorry about your experience Cool Hand. It will take time and money to replace the high-quality workers that our old management team ran off. The new leadership is working hard and spending the money necessary to correct these problems. Please give us another opportunity to get it right.

No worries sleepy. Some (not all of course) of the people at my company almost cost us a $5 B (yes, B as in Billion) dollar contract. So I know how you feel. I do hope that HD gets it figured out though, I like Tony Stewart...LOL.

Although Nardelli is a fraternity brother of mine, he's a hard guy to like.

Home Depot's market valuation declined 40% during Nardelli's stint as CEO. His compensation was $240 million while he was "building the company down".

Nardelli's abrasive personality and critical, autocratic management style caused many employees to actively dislike him. He pulled some interesting stunts at HD like directing the company's board to skip Home Depot's annual meeting, then limiting shareholders at the meeting to speaking no more than a minute by displaying large digital timers.

His $210 million severance package was more or less the final outrage.

It's easy to see why sleepy and his pals won't miss him. I hope Bob does better at the new Chrysler and that the flight department there prospers.

GV

Although Nardelli is a fraternity brother of mine, he's a hard guy to like.

Home Depot's market valuation declined 40% during Nardelli's stint as CEO. His compensation was $240 million while he was "building the company down".

Nardelli's abrasive personality and critical, autocratic management style caused many employees to actively dislike him. He pulled some interesting stunts at HD like directing the company's board to skip Home Depot's annual meeting, then limiting shareholders at the meeting to speaking no more than a minute by displaying large digital timers.

His $210 million severance package was more or less the final outrage.

It's easy to see why sleepy and his pals won't miss him. I hope Bob does better at the new Chrysler and that the flight department there prospers.

GV

I am sure he will do well there. His cost cutting, six sigma, style is more at home in a manufacturing operation. I don't think he is that easy to dislike on a personal level, he is very nice. It is easy to dislike what he and his buddies (most now at Chrysler) did to Home Depot if you still work here, but that is history and we have all moved on.

He's not the only one with a horrible experience at HD. I won't shop there any more (unless major changes happen to the Customer Service Dept.). I bought a shed last year, put it up, and was missing a set of 2 roof brackets. I called HD and they told me to call the shed manufacturer. I did. They were closed for 4 weeks of inventory. So they told me to go to HD, and have the store manager call them at extention 123 and give them authorization code xyz. They would then authorize HD to open the box (they had 3 more on the shelf) and give me the part, then HD would get reimbursed by the shed maker. Perfect, right? Wrong. The store manager (store 6341, Davie) refused to do so. He even refused to the manufacturer. He told me I could disassemble the entire shed and return it if I was not satisfied. Then he laughed and made a rather rude (and insulting) comment to his fellow employee and walked away. I called the customer service number and followed up with a letter. Their response -- that they do not override store managers' decisions, and I am free to do business elsewhere.

The resolution -- I went to Lowes, told them the issue, and they opened a box and just gave me the brackets. That's customer service. I haven't been in a HD store since. We just did $15K worth of remodeling in the house with a $25K addition to go next spring. It may not be much to HD, but I guaruntee I'm not the only one that walked away. It has to be hurting the bottom line.

Bad-Andy- Please send a letter to corporate or post on lowes.com and tell them the details. They love that stuff!

Cheers-rum

Latest resources

Back