• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ANY Atlas Gouge

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any info on whether it's Atlas or Polar you are interviewing for? Is there a difference now that Polar is a wholly owned subsidiary of Atas Air? Both have the same types but the bases for new hires are different. I understand that if you are going Atlas, then the first interview question is "how do you feel about being based at Stansted, UK and paying for your own accommodation (in GBPs but being paid in USDs)?

If you do accept STN, how long before you can expect another (US?) base? Further, I understand it's going to take @ least another year before the seniority lists are "merged" and then there will be a large base bid realignment. What that will mean is that if you are junior Polar or Atlas, you get to go to STN either way! Another thing that I don't quite get is that if hardly any of the European flights originate in STN, why is there a pilot base there? Doesn't make much sense but then this whole industry doesn't make much sense!

I believe if you hire on with Polar, the base is JFK, period for new hires.

I have no problem with being away from home for long periods (up to 5 months currently!) so either of these two with 2-3 weeks on the road would be a breeze for me, so long as I get to come home every 4-6 weeks. I'm just finishing up a classic type rating even though most of my experience is on glass 737, 757 and more recently, 767s. And I've got lots of international route experience incl. ACMI work. On paper, I would seem an ideal candidate.

Would appreciate any current Atlas or Polar guy/girl filling in the balnks and giving the gouge from the line pilot view instead of what the website/recruiters tell you.

Latest I heard was that both are collecting resumes for a possible spring interview and that they are looking to hire for both classic and -400s. 50 pilots for Atlas and 25 for Polar. Any truth in these rumors?

Many thanks for all and any info on the above.

767 driver

Latest resources

Back