• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any ASA Rjs left to fly?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
was c4 last month and flew 6 days out of the month which were all day lines. All were just a roundtrip, no overnights. I bid c18 for this month which was a bad mistake.

C04 here. Flew one day so far this month. They tried to give me 8 legs but cancelled the last trip just before we were about to go preflight the plane... parked at E... in remote.

-Brett

ASA seems to be unbelievably fat on both reserve Capts and FO's. There is one reserve Captain for every 2.6 lines this month. That is an unbelievable amount. It should pick up with summer flying, but with nothing more coming our way we seems to be overly staffed.

Yeah I got called in 2 weeks ago for a nap and when I got to the plane they switched it to a 70. Thats the only action I have had in 3 weeks.

I'm not sure why people junior to me are getting trips and I'm getting passed up. I look on etrip and I get an assignment. An hour or 2 later it gets canceled and given to someone else. This happens every week.

Long Call

Is there such a thing as Long call - Call me last?? If so, is anyone being called?? How does the current long call system work? I have been on MLOA for a while so I have been out of the loop.

Thanks!
Tim

The order goes:

Long-call, Call Me First (Provided the trip is 12+ hrs out)
Long-Call, No Preference
Short Call, Call Me First
Short Call, No Pref.

All the long calls are used before any short, if the trip fits their bucket, etc...
Even with the current bucket system, it is very hard to determine if you will get called out or where you truely sit. There are also rules for calling out of the no-prefs by block hours flown instead of seniority...which adds more confusion.

I feel you brian. I have been sitting on the ground since the 11th of April and then had to take my annual vacation last week so by the time I come back I will still be at the bottom of my bucket and have not flown for four weeks.

Hey, I'm not complaining though...

Funny I post a comment about me not flying and was called last night at 945 for a nap. Only had 3:30 layover! Well I guess I'm good for another 3 weeks.

Latest resources

Back