• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

any America West rumors??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
its true...the april 25th class of 10 was cancelled and we all got a letter stating no more classes at least through the end of the year. but of course everything is subject to change! i did hear that AWA may ask for voluntary leaves....and then the next step is, dare i say, the F word.

Pilotbob3 said:
i did hear that AWA may ask for voluntary leaves....and then the next step is, dare i say, the F word.

I heard a rumor that the offer for unpaid summer vacation was so enthusiastically received that chief pilot's office had to start turning down requests. Hopefully this will prevent a recurrence of "involuntary leaves."

Of course, with parking 737's and more CRJ-900's coming online, who knows how much longer there will be a mainline . . .

Cheers!

Jon,

What are the limits on the CRJ-90 for AWA? Are there any scope limits? Also, how many planes are you parking? Are you getting any more A320/A319's or any more used 757's? Your people over there are great, I have jumped from ATL many times and have always been treated great.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:

General Lee said:
Jon,

What are the limits on the CRJ-90 for AWA? Are there any scope limits? Also, how many planes are you parking? Are you getting any more A320/A319's or any more used 757's? Your people over there are great, I have jumped from ATL many times and have always been treated great.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:

The sky. No. Five 737's. I think we are getting 2 more busses.

Guppiedriver's answers are the same as I've heard, but I'll believe the Airbus deliveries only after they actually happen. Supposedly, there was to be no mainline growth until 2006, I think? Maybe the deliveries are to offset the loss of the two -300's we're parking? Or, the Airbuses are a rumor carrot? Even if we get those two Airbuses this year, we're still down a net of 3 mainline birds, all of them -200's, while the plans are sitting at 12 super-big "little" jets by December.

Over the last month, my personal experience load factors have been 85-90% (with three exceptions). I guess I just don't get "the big picture."

Cheers!

Jon,

Thanks for the response. I have noticed a lot more CR7's and CR9's in the Skyguide (OAG) lately---along with many more DL*CR7's too. I just saw that Mesa will be flying a CR9 from SEA to PHX! That is amazing. Well, I guess if Demand isn't that good or maybe demand is sooo good that they need extra filler flights.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes: ;)

General Lee said:
Jon,

I just saw that Mesa will be flying a CR9 from SEA to PHX! That is amazing. Well, I guess if Demand isn't that good or maybe demand is sooo good that they need extra filler flights.

More than likely it's because they can get a 12 year captain to fly the **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** thing for less than 80 bucks an hour and it hauls almost as many people as a 73.

Embdrvr,

This isn't a thing you should be joking about. Sure, expansion is nice, but look what the management of Skywest is trying to pull. Comair and ASA will try to follow if Skywest succeeds. Jobs at the Majors will be harder to get when they start hiring again someday, and the pay is falling at the regional level. The pay at the LCC's aren't exceptional either, although Southwest's is good. But, atleast they will be flying the 90 seaters to SEA, where they should go get some tasty chowder.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes: :cool: ;) :p :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back