Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
finally!

avbug said:
I believe Leonard Millholland designed and marketed the Teenie Two. I never flew it, but had an associate who built and flew one. He said it was an eighty knot airplane. Took off at eighty, cruised at eighty descended at eighty, approached and landed at eighty.

Da_n, I finally found something you don't know! :p

The Teenie Two, and it's precursor the Jeanies Teenie, were designed by Calvin Parker. I spent an evening talking homebuilts with Calvin back in the middle 80's when he lived in Harker Heights, TX, and I was in college in nearby Killeen. Calvin originally designed Jeanies Teenie for Popular Mechanics magazine sometime in the middle sixties. He later revamped the design and renamed it the Teenie Two. I've never flown one, so I'll take your word about the Teenie's performance.

Leonard is a friend of a friend. Leonard had nothing to do with Calvin Parker. Leonard hails from Brookshire, TX and his main claim to fame is in being a thankless worker for the EAA, especially the old Southwest Regional Fly In back when it was in Kerrville. As far as I know, Leonard's only aircraft design is the Legal Eagle which is more of a conventional ultralight that uses his half VW engine.

enigma

Ditto what Avbug said.

Structure, coverings, and flight controlls are no place to save pennies.

Proper aircraft coverings are not so expensive that I would use sombodys homade dope from latex paint and thinner.

These coverings will be routinely subjected to hurricane force winds, this is one area not to go cheap.

If you want to use a VW engine, go ahead it has a proven record of reliability.

You want to use fuses instead of circut breakers, that's your call.

Homemade seats, why not!

But be warry of any design that cuts corners on safety of flight items.

Latest resources

Back